Chapter 24

Luke's Pov

" yeah, now go, no more lateness" I say with a demanding tone, and hang up her call. I don't want her to get in trouble for being late again because of me.

I ran a hand through my hair and pushed away from my desk, continuing to spin in my chair. The lads were supposed to be here like five minutes ago, they're always late, probably picking up some food on the way here.

As if on cue my door bell rings, and keeps ringing and won't stop.
I sigh and get up and head to the front door.
I tug on the handle and meet with three grinning faces as Calum continues to hold his finger on the doorbell, the buzzing noise echoing through my house.
Michael, as expected, clutching a bag of  McDonald's pulling of a few fries in his hand and stuffs them into his mouth and devours them like it's the last food he'll ever eat; a few months ago I would have scrunched my nose at this and said it was gross but now I'm used to this, and some of their weird traits and mannerisms had even rubbed off on me.

"Hi" he says innocently. I roll my eyes as I usually do with these lads, but they're my mates all the same.
"Right band" Ashton claps his hands as we walk through my house to the living room and we all sit down on the sofa. Ashton standing in front of us ready to give us the plan of action.

"We've got the EP launch in a matter of days at the metro, and so far we've practiced a total of five minutes. This time, we're staying here, no spontaneous adventures to get food."

"What!" Michael cries. A chip falling out of his mouth.

"But what will we do when we get hungry?" Calum asks. I would have normally pointed out that Michael was in fact holding food in his hand but knowing him they would be gone in a matter of seconds.

I put my hand up and say "I've got food in my house" Ashton nods

"But we can't cook for shit" Calum continues with his rant, and this is why we never get round to actual practising. Izzy can cook, she makes cookies on a regular basis. Though I've never tasted them, they do look good, even on the amazing camera quality of Skype.

"We'll worry about it later, now we're actually practising!" Ashton cries. We sigh and get our instruments.
It's gunna be a long day.

****

I look round at the crowd that filled the small space, screaming, jumping, having fun. Each and every face is lit up, grinning for ear to ear and probably warn out from yelling the words of our songs off the EP.
My ears were ringing and my eyes were adjusting to the dim lighting, a contrast from the flashing of a few moments ago. My whole body was alive, the buzz of the show resigning within me.

The night had gone so fast and it already was time for us to head off. Ashton was thanking the crowd while I waved and touched the outstretched hands of the girls being pushed against the barrier in the front row.

I soon on the stage and took one last look at the crowd, letting it set in; before we all ran off the stage.

"HOLY SHHHHHHHIT" Michael yelled as we ran through the corridor and I don't think Ashton had the heart to tell him off for his use of language.

"Woah, that was so cool " Calum grinned. We went in for a group hug, we all yelled into the hug and started jumping and spinning.

We all ran out the building, stopping for the fans waiting next to our car. We couldn't just drive away when they been waiting around, so after a load of signing and taking photos we said goodbye and piled into the car.

I sat at the back in the corner staring at the roads going by, my headphones blasting a song that I didn't recognise.
Calum and Michael had started singing the Macarena, dancing moves and all. Ashton was sat in the front chatting to the driver, that guy just gets on with everyone, I've never met someone that doesn't like him.

Turing back to the window I started thinking of Izzy, as I usually do. The suitcases were packed and after picking up the luggage we would be off to the airport.
Not long now.