Chapter 6

It had been almost a week since the the bloody shock in the night. The next morning Noah had stuck with the excuse of getting in between a fight and my gullible parents believed it, and his hands have been his behind his back or stuck into his pockets whenever they were around.

It's Friday now and I was walking home with Lily.
To my surprise, Kim had stayed quite quiet during the week and was only a spectator when her friends decided to start on me. When asked why she was so quiet she answered, her head looking away from me, "I'm too tired to bother."

Hmm she seemed pretty awake when she was practically sitting on some random lad's knee in English.

"At least we only have to last 4 more months till it's summer and we have around 8 ish weeks of freedom." Lily grinned at me and stuffed her hands into her coat pockets.

"At least you know you're doing something in the summer. I don't have a clue, my parents could be working for all I know and I'll be stuck in the house on my own." I sighed

I wish Lily's family would adopt me. She had 4 siblings, 2 brothers, 2 sisters, she was never home alone there was always someone in to talk to, to help with homework, to offer advise or to do whatever real siblings did.
They went on little family holidays to Brighton in the summer where her aunt and uncle lived. They'd stay in this cute little apartment right on the edge of the beach overlooking the sea, and I'd always wanted to go but I would never like to impose on her family like that.

My only holidays consisted of flights with my brother annoying me from one side and a business person on the other. If we ever went abroad it was always for my parents conferences, I'd be by the undisturbed pool on my own with my brother sat up in the villa while my parents were at some meeting about financial stuff.

"Didn't you say Sammy was coming back?" She asked

"Yeah, but she won't stay very long. She's not on the greatest terms with my parents." We turned the corner my house just about coming into view.

"Yeah but instead of staying home all summer couldn't you go out to see her in LA. It's better than staying home and I'm sure she'd love to have you round." Lily suggested

Hmm, It wasn't a bad idea, in fact when I thought about it, that was a genius idea.I'd get to see Sammy for more than the time she stays at home and we could catch up, she could show me her new boyfriend that she had mentioned in her last email.

"That's actually a really good idea, I'll suggest it when she comes round." I stopped and hugged Lily before I walked up to my front door.

"See yah" I gave her a small wave and stepped into my abandoned house.

My steps echoed in the hallway and I kicked off my shoes as I entered the kitchen.

As I was grabbing my smoothie out of the fridge, I noticed a flash of yellow on the island.

With my smoothie in hand I unstuck the post it note and attempted to decode the scrawly hand writing.

'Izzy, I'm not in for tea, I'm out. Noah'

A man of so many words. So I was dining alone tonight, my parents were working late tonight so I had the house to myself for even longer than I usually did.

I picked up my discarded shoes from the floor and padded up to my room.

After dumping my clothes in the wash and changing into a oversized jumper and a pair of strange grey leggings, that I had no idea I owned or even purchased, I flopped onto my bed and closed my eyes.

School is so tiring, the lessons are bad enough. If I had it my way, we'd only learn the stuff we needed to so no one would waste their time discovering that the area of a circle is some stupid thing nicknamed a dessert to make it sound more exiting.
If the lessons were awful, so much so I would rather hit my head against a wall, then break and lunch were excruciating.
The eyes judging me for anything I did, the sniggers and giggles that ran along beside me and the gangs of bitches that waited all day for the chance to say something horrid about me not caring if I heard or not.