Chapter 22

The last week before the winter holidays were torture to sat the least.

Every lesson it was mentioned, I was laughed at, people reenacted the photo, I was called so many different names I could no longer keep count.

It was no longer just the populars that I was the laughing stock of, the whole school knew, the geeks that played chess at break, the skater people who hung out on the bikes and skateboards, even my safe haven, the music room was no longer safe. Some had the decency not to mention it but I knew that they knew, I noticed when they would point and whisper to their friends.

In fact, I'm pretty sure even some of the teachers knew, but did they mention it, tell anyone to stop, of course they didn't, they watched as I was ridiculed and my confidence be reduced to a point where I didn't even know if I wanted to live anymore.

And in that same week Luke had done his first full band practise with the new drummer Ashton. I never told him, how could I? He could laugh at me too. It's literally a picture of me kissing a dog with a load of multicoloured paint on me.

But in that week I learnt that Lily was my true friend, she stuck by me when they pointed and laughed and shouted insults at me in the corridor, in the classroom, on the radiator in the mornings, at the gate at the end if the day.

I knew that no matter what I could count on her.

But the biggest lesson of that week I discovered something strange, I didn't realise it before but in that we I learned that I could survive, that no matter how many times they laughed and tripped me up they could never dull my smile if I let them.

That week I realised I wasn't a victim, I was a survivor, a warrior.

And I with a little help from the sassy side of tumblr, I vowed I'd never be a victim again.
I'd become simply myself, say the things I thought in my head, I'd hold me head high, I wouldn't look weak any longer.

_________________________________________
Sorry this chapter took so long to write and me to upload it, I get kinda annoyed when other stories never update so I'm super sorry, I don't believe in excuses but I did do a few things that may or may not have distracted me
Comments are always welcome, even if it's a thought that pops into your head while reading, I love to read them.

Have a good day
- Em x