Chapter 12

I was right. I did regret the decision of not taking my mascara off last night. I looked in the mirror this morning and I looked like a panda, and not a cute one at that.

"Mornin," Sammy smiled making some coffee in the kitchen, why was she so awake.

"Mornin, " I mumbled back trudging over to her at the breakfast bar.

"Looks like someone didn't take their makeup off last night, that's bad for your skin you know." Sammy passed me a warm steaming cup of coffee.
I held it tight in my hands letting the heat of the liquid warm them before I took a slip.

"What are we doing today then?" I asked feeling a little more awake after half my caffeine supply is gone.

"It's up to you really, I don't have to go back to the office till next week." She took a sip for her own coffee "oh and I have to show you something"

Sammy walked round to the door that I thought went to a room or maybe a bathroom but when she opened it it wasn't really what I expected.
It was a winding staircase, just that, in a room with plain cream walls, nothing else. Hmm how strange.

Sammy nodded to wards the stairs, signalling for me to climb up them. Being carful I didn't spill my coffee, I walked up the stairs until I reached a door, I looked behind me to Sammy who for once looked smaller than me. She nodded and I turned the handle
A cool breeze instantly hit me and the bright sun to warmed my tired face.
We were on the roof of the building surrounded by little planters bursting with fruit ,vegetables and flowers of all kind. In the corner, glistening like a diamond, was a square pool, I'd seen ones like it on tumblr, an infinity pool I think it was called.
Around the edges was a glass paneling so you couldn't just fall off the edge. Beyond a white wooden arch that had Ivory climbing up. Behind it was a bench, looking over the edge.

Taking from my speechlessness, Sammy chuckled "Cool isn't it"

"Hell yeah" I replied walking over and leaning on the railing. "You can see the whole city from here."

"It looks even better at night." She came and stood next to me her beautiful brown hair blowing in the steady wind, she always seemed to look stunning, I looked so ugly compared to her.

"So what do want to do today then?" She asked again

"We could go to the zoo" I suggested

"You know, any other person would say DisneyLand or Universal, but you say the zoo"

"I'd rather get up really early and spend the whole day there. Its like 2ish now so we wouldn't get long there."
She chuckled.

I got changed into a grey sweater with a black heart on the front with a pair of black skinny jeans. I pulled on my grey vans and we went to the zoo.

The traffic wasn't as bad today but it was kinda hot so I spent most of the day rolling my sleeves of my jumper up.

I saw all of my favourite animals, I took a load of pictures of the penguins cause I knew how much Luke loved penguins.
Due to the different time zones, I could text Luke and him to answer back. He loved all the penguins.

______________________

A/N

This was like the shitest and shortest chapters ever but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

-Em x