Chapter 10

My alarm woke me up with its high pitched calling causing me to nearly fall out of bed with shock. I really need to change my alarm.

Ahh Friday, best day of the week. Well if you don't count Saturday and Sunday.

I rolled out of my cocoon of cosiness and pulled on my school uniform. To be honest it wasn't even much of a uniform, black and white with a monochrome tie that I fumbled to get on every morning.

I pulled my hair into a pony tail, it looked surprisingly presentable today, it looked like I'd curled it. I pulled down my small fringe and it hung loosely on the side of my face.

I put on some tinted moisturiser, blusher and mascara.

I was buckling up my new brogues or dolly shoes as I like to call them when my laptop started going off. I think someone is trying to Skype me.

I opened it up to see who it was.

His name popped up on the screen.

Luke was having a sleepover with his friends I'd heard so much about, Calum and Michael. I always wondered what boys did at sleepovers. Apparently they Skype girls who are getting ready to go to school and are going to be late for it.

"So this what guys do at sleepovers, make girls late for school?" I said when Luke and two other people came onto the screen. I recognised them from the I miss you cover they posted last month.

"When we're not having pillow fights and braiding each other's hair, yes ." He joked

"Oh Izzy, this is Michael," he pointed to the boy on his right with light brown hair with a fringe

" HI" he shouted with a big wave.

"HI" I shouted back, just not as loud.

"And this is Calum" he gestured to the boy on his left with black hair.

"Heyy" he said politely

'Heyy Calum." I waved "What you guys doing?"

I put my laptop on my bed so I could talk to the boys while getting my backpack and finding where my text books were hiding.

"I think we're going to do a video tomorrow and we just ordered pizza so yeah, what are you doing today?" Luke said

"Cry in maths, repeatedly slamming my head against the desk in science, complaining in geography and playing guitar in music. Other than that, not much."

"Sounds exiting"

"Heyy I like your hair, wanting to become a Weasley?" I giggled at his slightly ginger fringe.

"Don't worry it's only hairspray."

" Well sorry to kill this amazing conversation we're having but I'm genuinely going to be late for school, so it's nice to finally talk to you guys" I checked my watch, I guess it's a on the go coffee for me this morning.

"The feeling's mutual, like seriously, you're all Luke ever talks about." Michael blurted out getting a strange look from Luke.

Did he really talk about me? I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I shoved the remaining things I needed into my backpack and swinging it over my shoulder.

We said our goodbyes and I ended the Skype call.

*LUKE'S POV*

OMG I was so embarrassed.

"Really Michael? You had to tell her." I turned to face him, the crimson colour of my cheeks had not yet faded, Michael could really annoy me sometimes.

"What? It's true, isn't it Calum." He turned to Calum who was sat on the other side of me.

"You do talk about her loads. And I can see why."Calum said

" She is hot like." Michael added

I wasn't gunna lie. She was really pretty but when Michael said it I felt a pang of jealousy. Like I had some kind of protection over her.

"I see that look, " Michael went wide eyed and pointed at my face accusingly "You're jealous, that means you have a crush on her!"

Did I? Did I like Izzy more than a friend? I find myself thinking about her when I shouldn't be and I love it when we stay up really late talking about the weirdest of things that would seem crazy to other people. I think I do have a crush on Izzy, but I wasn't gunna admit that to Michael and Calum, I'd never hear the end of it.

" No I don't" I made a terrible protest so they'd shut up.

"Luke and Izzy sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G," they sang annoyingly

"What, are youse like 5" I rolled my eyes at their childishness. The ironic thing was, I'd heard Izzy say that before, fuck I was beginning to say the things she said.

They finally stopped when the pizza came and them we played guitar hero for about three hours. After that we were bored and tired so we went to bed aka my living room sofas.

Laying on the sofa was surprisingly uncomfortable and I just couldn't sleep so I grabbed my phone from the floor and texted Izzy to see how she was doing, she was in Media Studies now. Oh god, I even know her time table.

Me: How's media?

Izzy: Stalker, you know my time table. Yeah it's nice we're doing magazines, it's a chill lesson really. The teachers really nice to us and she calls Lily and I the two amigos. What you doin?

Me: Nothing really, we got bored so we went to sleep.

I tagged a photo of Cal who was currently snoring away while Michael drew on his face with a sharpie. Oh god, that wasn't gunna come off anytime soon.

Izzy: Hahah OMG looks like you're having a whale of a time.

She tagged a photo, her phone was hidden behind her laptop but she had taken the picture of a girl. She was an odd burnt orange kid of colour, she must be Kim, I'd seen pictures of her on Instagram. I know she's the one Izzy doesn't like.

Izzy: I swear, if she doesn't stop yabbering on about how she wants to get with my cousin I'm going to stab her with my compass.

I laughed at the caption gaining a confused look from Michael who had now completed his artwork on Calum's face. I went on Google and typed in How to get away with murder? And then sent her the link.

Izzy: I think I might get those penguin gloves I saw the other day cause it said I can't leave any finger prints.

Me: haha you don't think they might draw attention.
Me: Jeez Izzy I thought you were a better murderer than this

Izzy: Well at least she will have a lovely view of penguins when she dies.

Me: haha you're crazy

We continued to speak for hours, it was 5am here and she was at home having her tea when I decided I should have at least some sleep if I wanted to look alive in the YouTube video.

When we were saying our byes, I went for the x YOLO I guess.

Me: Night night x

Should I have done that? What if she doesn't send one back? What if she doesn't even like me like that?

Izzy: Night night Lucas x