Chapter 4

Right, what do people do to entertain themselves for 7 hours?

I can't text Luke because he's asleep and I can't ask Lily to come round she's at her grandparents for the weekend and the closest thing she has to a phone over there is a telegram, which sucks.

I know. I'll read a book. I've always loved books, as a child you'd never see me without my head in one. They took me out of the real world I lived in and to a far away land with monsters, magic, unicorns, and anything was possible in my little land of fantasy.

Other than being my brothers 'man' cave where he goes to do god knows what, the basement happened to hold my my collection of books in all it entirety.

I walked down the stairs and under the stairs was a little door, much like where Harry Potter lived.

I cautiously opened the door a pulled on the light chord. Ever since I found my mothers old dolls down here as a kid I always avoided going down, it creeped me out, maybe just because I'd seen American Horror story but I wasn't the biggest fan of the basement. All I had to do was go down grab a book, and then get out.
Fast as I possibly could.

I ducked into the little door and descended down the steps into the basement, much like the start of a horror movie.

My brother, just like I had done with the music room, had decorated it him self, but with the interior design skills of a mole, the room looked cramped and messy. All dark red walls with a flat screen TV on the wall with a black sofa opposite.

I stepped down off the last step and walk round to the library under our house.

Some bookshelf's were fitted under the staircase which was the only decent looking architecture in the room. The other bookcases filled the whole wall that faced the back of the the staircase.

I looked through all the name and the authors I knew so much but others so little about. The thought of being fast as I possibly could, slipped away and I found myself tracing my finger along the rainbow of spines. My finger stopped on a maroon coloured book . I pulled it out it of its home on the bookshelf.

It was clear it had been there for a while, the once gold lettering on the front had faded away and there was nothing left to be read other than the publishing company.

I opened the book and dust sprung up from its worn away pages. Jesus, how old is this thing? Even the pages had gone an off yellow colour and were like touching sandpaper.

I tucked it under my arm and retuned to the safe place above the basement with natural light.
I closed the creaky little door and went back up to my bedroom.

The book without a name turned out to be a thrilling mystery story filled with crime, death, love and a intriguing murder case.

It was nice to be another person, in a different world, with a different story for a while until my alarm went off that told me I had to start getting ready for the meal.

Had I really been reading on my window sill for 7 hours? Thank god I had remembered to set those or I would still be in my dream world until my parents called me to set off.

I plugged in my phone to charge, knowing that I would need a backup plan for when I got bored.

I changed out of my comfy legging and warm jumper into a white lace dress that flowed to just above my knee.

I selected a black blazer to go with it folding up the sleeves slightly. I don't recon that my slipper socks would fit in my black heels that resembled brogues so I took them off and rummaged through the drawers till I found a pair of white frilly ankle socks.