Chapter 8

"See yah" I gave Lily a wave as we parted, walking opposite ways.

I tucked in my headphones and let the music surround me for the rest of the walk home.

I put my keys in the door to find that it was already open. Someone was home. This was new.

Stepping into the hallway, I heard a strangely familiar voice coming from the kitchen. I couldn't quite put my finger on it till I could pick out what they were saying.

"Well it's a good job cause I'm not here to argue with you, I'm here to see Izzy and Noah. Unless you've forgotten that they're my brother and sister."

My eyes went wide. Sammy!

I slipped in my frantic run to the kitchen but I recovered in excitement to see my sister who I hadn't seen in 6 years.
A million questions zapped through my mind within the few seconds it took me to get to the kitchen.
Did she have a strong American accent?
What did she look like now?
How long will she stay?

"Sammy!" I cried.

She span round at the call of her name, my parents who were stood at the other side of the kitchen, glared at my outburst. It seems I had ran straight into an argument.
I ignored them and rushed into my sisters arms.

She still gave the warmest hugs.

"Hey Izzy, how you doing?" She said, her head next to my ear.

"Fine, how are you, I'm so exited that you're back." I grinned pulling out of the hug.

My eyes darted across her face and body, studying just how much she'd changed from when I last saw her, I was 8 then so a lot had changed about the both of us, except my hight, I was still tiny.

She was gorgeous, like the girls you see on We Heart it and Tumblr, just better. Her brown long wavy hair was swept messily into a ponytail, her eyes were the same dark brown shade as I remember, she was taller than me, but then again who isn't. The white long sleeved top and black skirt paired with black boots complemented her tanned skin tone perfectly.
She had just got off a 7 hour flight and she looked flawless.

My eyes darted to my parents behind her who were ready to resume the argument they were having.

I grabbed her little pink suitcase from the floor in an attempt to save her from our parents. I took her hand and practically pulled her up the stairs to her old room.

It had been completely abandoned after she left, I cleaned it once in a while but other than that no one ever entered it.

It was little traveling back in time. When she was 18 and I was 8. Her old posters of models still hung on the cream walls, her black Chanel duvet cover with matching white pillows still lay lifeless on the bed, her desk with the pots of pens and pencils waiting for someone to use them.

Sammy surveyed her old room "Woah, it hasn't changed at all, it's like I never left."

She slumped down on the bed, tapping the space beside her, beconing me to sit down.

" Are they okay with you staying, they don't sound like it." I asked

She gave me a reassuring smile"Yeah, I think they're just worried that I'll influence you and you'll take off like I did."

"But that's thing Sammy" I sighed " I already want to leave"

" Do they still go out a lot?"

I looked down to the floor " They're never in." She gives me a small reassuring smile but disappointment and saddest is written in her features. She knows exactly how I feel.

" They did that a lot when I was your age, they pulled themselves together a few times but it never lasted for long."

After avoiding any awkward conversations over dinner, mainly because Dad went to eat in his office, mum disappeared before we could start and Noah was 'at work', I retreated to my room to see if Luke was awake yet.

"So do have any plans for the summer?" He asked spinning round in his chair like he always did, it baffled me how he never got dizzy.

"I'm going to see if I can go to see Sammy in America cause I'm not staying here, it's boring as fuck." I wondered when I would actually ask Sammy if I could visit her in the summer.

"That's cool, I don't think I'm doing anything. Mostly sleeping till September." He chuckled. He was so adorable.

"I just know that it'll go too fast. Be over before I know it and it'll feel like I've had about five seconds of summer." I sighed

"5 seconds of summer...." He repeated his eyes staring off into the distance in thought. " 1 sec, I just gotta call Calum and Michael."

He got off his chair and left.

Luke returned a few minuets later a huge grin on his face.

" I think we have a band name." He sat back down

" What? 5 seconds of summer? Do you really want to call it that?" I frowned, did I just come up with their official name?

" Well it's better than Bromance that's for sure."

I laughed.

My door opened " Hey Is-" Sammy stopped mid sentence as she saw I was skyping Luke.
"Sorry I was just gunna ask if you wanted to watch a movie?"

I didn't want to stop talking to Luke but I knew that Sammy wouldn't only be here for very long and I hadn't watched a movie with someone in ages.

"Yeah I'll be down in a few" I said and she closed the door.

" Sorry is that okay? I could stay if you wanted" I asked Luke

" No, it's fine, go, I've got to go do stuff anyway." He stammered

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah it's fine, enjoy your movie."

We exchanged a quick goodbye and a promise that I would talk to him in the morning, well my morning and his night.

I shut down the laptop and went to meet Sammy who was already picking something to watch in the living room.

"Right. Love actually or School of Rock?" She held up the DVDs

"School of Rock and then Love Actually." She knew how to pick a good movie.

We were about a quarter of the way through the film when Sammy turned to me with a smug smile on her face.

" So, who is he?"

I rolled my eyes " His name is Luke"

"Is he from school?"
I let out a small chuckle from the irony

" I wish, but no he's from Australia"

" Woah, how did you start having Skype calls with Australians?"

I smiled " Since I commented on his YouTube videos"

" Right, fuck the movie" she pressed pause and sat, knees crossed facing me. " Show me these videos. I want to know everything."

So I explained the whole story, I showed her the first comments when we stated talking, the texts we sent, his videos, pretty much everything she wanted to know.

It had only been two months since I had left that first comment however it felt as if I've known him forever, his was literally my best friend, my best internet friend.