Chapter 14

"Come on, come on, how long do you wanna take?" Sammy made yet another attempt to hurry me along.

We'd got up early, well, earlier than usual so we could miss most if the traffic and spend the whole day at some mall.
Sammy threw me a pair of black converse while I pulled on the Mickey Mouse top that I'd got from Disneyland when we went the other day.
It was so fun. I'd never been to disneyLand and a theme park in general only once in my life so I had the best time. And of corse,being the mental age of a nine year old, I took loads of selfies of me and all the disney characters, especially the princesses.

I paired the top with my usual black skinny jeans, I almost wear them as much as I wear black leggings, and that's saying something.
Pulling my hair into a messy ponytail and tucking my phone into my jeans pocket, I ran after Sammy who was already going out the door.

Being the 'mega hipsters' we were, we took a quick break in Starbucks so that we, or should I say Sammy, is ready to have a full day of shopping.
"Thank you" I said shyly to the amazingly gorgeous looking boy who handed me my caramel frappe over the counter. I held it carefully in my hand and awkwardly walked away and sat next to the window where I proceeded to connect to their free wifi. Maybe Sammy will let me stay here all day so I can post cute pictures of One Direction on my fan account or try and finish After before Lily does.

I was replying to a comment, saying about how cute Niall was, the words; omg, I shit you not and I'm literally screaming were being used, which could also be known as the native fangirl language, when Sammy tapped my shoulder causeing my to jump out of my skin.

"Come on, and no, you're not spending your whole day here using their wifi." She rolled her eyes but laughed. She had learnt just what I was like all too well.

Sammy grabbed my hand and pulled me out of Starbucks so that we could get on with our shopping trip. Yey I mentally said sarcastically, today was going to be a long day.

However much to my surprise, as the day progressed, I never would have thought it could be so fun to just go shopping.
I laughed till I cried and my sides were hurting in Victoria secret, we'd tried on about 20 of the most shady bras and gigged at how odd they looked. Sammy and I tried on the most outrageous outfits in every shop. We'd pick out something that looked like an explosion in a paint factory or something that was cool in the 80s and made the other try them on.
We strutted into some shops pretending to be really pretentious people, talking about 'our horses' and 'stately homes' really loudly.

Within 5 hours of being into a number of clothing shops, being sprayed with various different perfumes and killed my feet while trying on the highest heels I could find, I was completely worn out, my shoulders were slumped and my feet had become so lazy I was practically dragging them along the floor.

I wasn't really one to be see shopping. Especially at a mall or shopping centre. Personally, I think internet shopping is way easier. I didn't really see the point in having to communicate with any humans, and with internet shopping you don't have to go through all the unnecessary exercise walking around shops looking for a single item. And I could do it all while being tucked up in bed in my room with a mug of coffee and some good music on.

But today had made me think otherwise, shopping can be fun but only if you go with the right people.

While passing a large shop window something stood out in the corner of my eye. I stopped and faced the window.

Guitars of all kind, basses, electric, acoustic, stood proud through the glass. Funky looking straps with every colour and pattern were displayed around them, books filled with chords and information about artists, it was all there staring right back at me drawing me in to take a closer look.

"Where'd you g- oh " Sammy must have notice that I was no longer shuffling beside her and came over to join me.

One acoustic guitar in particular had caught my eye. It's mahogany wood and glossy finish stuck out from the others like white against black, like a swan in a lake full of ducks. I couldn't help but stare at it's elegant appearance. I looked at the price and sighed, never mind.

We , yet again I mean just Sammy, dragged our shopping bags to the car, loaded them into the trunk and drove back to the flat.
My sister looked like she'd bought half the mall where as me I bought a Game of Thrones mug, the Stark house because they're my favourite, and an old copy of Emma by Jane Austen. I'd read it before when I was 10 but it had mysteriously gone missing from the library, I looked for it everywhere so I figured I'd just get another one.
Through my bedroom window the city had started to become dark and as the sun had disappeared under the horizon, the stars came out and littered the sky with dots of glittering light.

I stepped in a warm shower letting the hot steams of water hit my face as I cleaned my body with the snow fairy shower gel.
I'd have to be asleep to be anymore relaxed then I am in this very moment. I had no worries here, no one to be mean or call me names, nothing that would cloud my mind in every passing second like when I was at home.

Mum and dad were right, Sammy coming back did make me want to leave even more.
I looked down to see that my hands had started to look like wrinkly prunes, how long have I been in here? I didn't bother to wash my hair, lazily I ran my razor across my legs to get rid of the stubble that had appeared over the last 2 days of wearing jeans and leggings.

Turning the tap, the jets of water subsided and I stepped out and wrapped my body in a towel. I rubbed the towel around my body till any trace of water was gone and then changed into my cosy pyjamas.

Walking out the bathroom, tossing my used towel into the washing basket, I crossed the only half messy room to my bed.

I sat down on the bed and shuffled into the middle.
With my head facing the stunning view of the city, I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged them close still watching what lay behind the glass of the window.

A few minuets of calm silence passed before I ultimately decided that I would read for a bit. Reaching over the wall of pillows to my bedside table where the Jane Austin book was sitting, I ran my hand over the front cover and proceeded to read the story that was hidden inside the pages. The characters danced around in my head just as I read each word.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, meh, just one more chapter.