Part 19

It was that time of day again. A Sunday afternoon at Granny's diner, packed up of adults, teens, and noisy children. The waitress hardly paid any attention to the customers aside from taking their orders. Only one specific customer had been her main focus on her own menu. She had jotted down notes beforehand, noting what you should do when you approach your crush. Ruby invariably has not failed on such situations talking to cute girls.

Occasionally, have being the one to make it look smooth and easy when flirting with those type of girls but Belle was different from the rest as how Ruby encounters on it. Belle French is hardcore in Ruby's book for just trying to figure out what to say or what to do to impress such a beauty without smudging off the drool every few seconds. Everyone knew that Ruby Lucas is the badass wolf who gets what she wants, whenever she needs it.

Although, Ruby did not want her bad girl reputation to perceive her from getting to know Belle. She wanted Belle to get to know the real her not the popular her. Comprehending the facts of Belle divergently looking at this all wrong as her brain is telling her, Ruby wants to get in your pants. The waitress had a straightforward way of not letting that happen. She needed to prove to Belle her royalty as well with who she really is. Being yourself is not a crime which is why Ruby is going to be on her best behavior.

Delighted, Ruby grabbed her pad and pen heading over to take the brunette's order. She nearly had fell over while getting to where she was going. Walking all too fast before anyone could get to Belle. Only she could take the brunette's order also giving her time to talk to her, or at least try. And of course, Belle had her nose buried in a book as well with her cute dorky glasses. Ruby found it hard not to squeal with exhilaration every time Belle, the sleeping beauty pushed the rim of it up to keep it from falling.

"Hi, are you ready to order?"

A professional manner is what she was going for even though deep inside her heart was jumping up and down. Ruby bit her lip to keep from smiling or saying something stupid like, "You're adorable", or "You look like that fairy tale character from beauty and the beast".

Belle looked up from her book, still holding on the sides of it. "Yes, I would like strawberry smoothie and one burger, the usual please". She smiled widely showing off her cute dimple. Ruby blushed hard as she quickly nodded her head. The brunette retracted herself away from the table before belle had notice the deep shade of red on her cheeks. Maybe it was time to call in the big guns. Ruby gave the order to the cookers. Heading outside for a phone call.

"Regina, I need your help!"

"What is it?"

"Belle is here and I have no idea what to say or I don't know, I'm freaking out here"

"Calm down, Ruby. You're the big bad wolf of talking to girls, I'm sure you will be fine"

"I know but Belle is different and I want her to get to know the real me"

"Then be yourself. Emma and I will come by later after closing. Seeya".

"No Regina-

Ruby huffed, putting her phone in her waitress suit pocket. She lunged her head back, groaning at the sky above her. That was her way of praying to god to please not let her make a complete fool of herself. Since when was it this hard to go up to a person and say one simple word. Maybe, just maybe if she says Hey, it will lead onto something well advised conversation. She went back inside, stopping at the doorway to look at the brunette sipping down her milk shake. Ruby forced her feet to lunge forward as her body went back and forth, challenging herself for whether or not she'll set up her own funeral.

Simply the possibility of doing just that will engage in consisting of actually making small talk with her. That's enough for Ruby even if belle doesn't feel the same away as she, the brunette will still be happy for being just friends. Four years of building up the courage to talk to Belle all came forward now. Good thing her funeral won't be the way of her going a painful death but quite a satisfying death of joy. What she feels for Belle is the reality of her telling herself, let's go kick some ass.