Part 1

Just take a deep breath, everything will be okay. That's what Emma first told herself about her new school, StoryBrooke High. She had just got adopted from a wonderful family, the Nolans. Emma only hoped this year would be different from the rest of the uncomfortable ways she felt at her old schools. She always had trouble making friends or fitting into anything. It was all for one simple reason. She was was an orphan. Emma anticipated that all should go well, if she survives through the first day.

"Emma". Mary Margaret snapped Emma out of her thoughts. They were sitting in the car that was parked in front of the school building.

"Ya sorry. I was just thinking". She exhaled in and out, trying to catch her breath. She clutched her shirt, twisting it in her hand. She was nervous for the first day.

"You are going to be fine. This school is different and there's a lot of nice people here. I am sure you are going to make lots of friends on the first day". And that was Mary Margaret being the best mom you could ever ask for. Foster mom to be correct. Not every foster mother that Emma has had, never told her that she will be fine or she will make friends. They usually just say "You better get good grades or I'm kicking you out". Mary Margaret was different, and Emma would not do anything to get her ass kicked out of the best family she has ever had.

Emma smiled, mouthing a thank you towards the pixie cut brunette. Mary Margaret happily took emma's hand into hers, squeezing a gently to confirm that everything will be okay. Emma nodded as she and her got out the car. She grabbed her old greenish bag from the seat, swinging it over her shoulder. She looked at the big square building before her. It wasn't that small like the rest of the schools she has been to. It also had windows and looked clean. Most of her school's looked like the building was about to collapse or worse, get sucked into the ground. The blonde clutched her bag tight before heading into her new school. Her eyes twirled around, examining the school. As she was looking, she couldn't help but take her eye off a current brunette. In that moment, the brunette caught her eye. Mary Margaret put her hand on her shoulder, "Everything is set up, honey. Here is your schedule and the principal told me he would like to see you after to school to discuss a few things. I'll come by and pick you up". All Emma heard was "honey" and "pick you up". She was too busy staring at the gorgeous brunette in that cheer leading outfit. Mary Margaret wondered what Emma was goggling at, she turned her head to see that she was starring none other, Regina Mills. She hated her mother but their was no reason for her to hate Regina.

"She looks pretty"

That snapped Emma right out of it

"What". Emma asked confused, pretending she wasn't staring at Regina.

"Nothing. Good luck on your first day". Mary Margaret kissed her on the cheek, then headed out the building.

Emma undistributed herself from the girl as she looked at the piece of paper that had her class schedule on it and even her locker number. She started to walk further in the hallways, feeling a weird nervous pit in her stomach. Felt as if, Regina still had her eyes right on her. Soon, feeling went away when Regina disappeared, taking a turn around the corner. Emma's legs walked furiously fast, getting a lot of confused eyes pouring deep into her back. Guessing that storybrooke high doesn't like new people. She finally made it to her locker. 110. She then looked at the combo, scrunching her nose and eyes at the small numbers on the dial.

"Do you need some help". An raspy angel voice said from behind Emma. She turned around to see who it was. Her eyes went wide, as a small smile creped beyond her face. She rubbed the back of her neck nervously, her cheeks full on red.

"Ya, ya, um-". She couldn't get any words out.

"Read me the code". The brunette grasped the dial, waiting for Emma to say the codes. Emma shook her head, reading the codes out loud to the brunette.