Lapis x Peridot

A little drabble for the next story I'm making.

This is also told by Peridot.
__________________________________________________________________________________

We stood in the doorway as silence washed over us like water over sand at the beach. I didn't know what to say or what to do. Lapis pulled her sleeve back down to hide the bruise she had while looking in the other direction. My teeth poked my lip when I bit down into it yet that didn't prevent the anxiety from building up inside me.

"Lapis I-what happened"

"Nothing, just a fall"

I heard a ring before Lapis reached into her pocket for her phone. She glanced at it then looked up with a terrified expression.

"I need to go"

Lapis quickly ran out of my dorm whilst forgetting her flannel. Honestly, that was the last time I talked to her. I didn't see her around but when I did she would always look at me weird or just avoid me.

I don't know what I did wrong, I wished I knew.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Tier 1

An insight on Peridot's relationship before everything happened.

________________________________________________________________________________________

We sat across from each other everyday in Chemistry. I always thought that her flannel was amazing though I didn't have the courage to complement her. Usually with the other kids I would be able to say something but something about her is different, she gives off this mysterious vibe that no one questions. She was always that lady with the flannel that stayed to herself most of the time. 

"Hey, do you have the homework"  

My eyes traveled up to find the girl in the flannel. Her facial features were so relaxed as if she wasn't even nervous about talking to a stranger. Needles felt like they were poking through my stomach when she continued to eye me down. The feeling made me want to ball up in bed even when warmth was dripping right into my core.

"Are you okay"

"Yeah just a little tired"

Her eyes softened into a look of understanding.

"I'll just ask someone else then-"

"WAIT" I said as I grabbed her hand which were cool and dry against my hot and clammy ones

"Here just take this"

"Oh thanks"

I gave her the extra copy I took when I was rushing out the door the previous day. She then proceeded to walk away, leaving me alone in the lost for words.

I should of just told her I liked her flannel.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Tier 2

An insight on Peridot's relationship with Lapis after everything happened.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Lapis hasn't showed up to school in a couple of weeks since what happened at my dorm. I used to keep her flannel after awhile it just disappeared from my bag. I'm guessing Lapis decided to rummage through my bag to get it. I just hope she's oka-

My thoughts were stopped when a slim figure with a gray long sleeve hoodie came through the door carrying a bag. The figure walked to the desk Lapis used to sit in which angered me a little bit.

"Um excuse me...I was waiting for a friend to sit there"

There wasn't an answer.

"Her name is Lapis"

The figure turned towards me ever so slightly to reveal a familiar face. She was here all along in my face.

The masked girl was Lapis.

"Lapis"

I could barely see her face.

"Peridot"

I saw faint scars all over her face.

"Please just let me do my work"

And just like that she rubbed me off.
 She flicked me away like a bug.

The sad part was I let her do it.

"Don't worry I'm okay" I heard her voice spoke

She placed her hand in her bag then pulled out the flannel that I was planning on giving to her. A warm feeling aroused in my stomach.

"We need to catch up sometime Peri" She said with a little giggle

We sure do, Lazuli.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is a teaser for a new book coming out.

So as always I hoped you enjoyed it. I kind of had to rush it's production.