Smol Peridot x Reader

Lapis leaves to go hang out with Steven on a boat. Y/N comes over to the barn.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Peridot's Pov

I sat in the barn where Steven and Lapis were talking about going to ride some type of boat. Honestly, I didn't keep up with what they were going to do after that because I was too busy trying to fix the recorder that Lapis broke. My eyes traveled to the duo to see that Steven was telling a story while Lapis looked intrigued with what he had to say. Frustration clouded over me when I wasn't able to screw the bolt back into the socket. I grunted as I sat the device down onto the wooden crate with the bolt.

"Need help" Steven said sounding concerned

"No, I just need a break" I said hiding the fact that I actually needed help

"Okay, I'm going to show Lapis around for a little bit....do you want to come"

"No" I said clearly irritated

Steven walked away with Lapis out the barn before yelling something that was inaudible. It felt like hours until I finally looked away from where they were walking. My thoughts roamed around like  butterflies in the air as I looked around the barn for a better bolt. Hearing footsteps approaching hastily, I stopped and turned to the source. A {boy or girl} with {color hair}hair was running towards me. As the figure got closer I recognized the person was Y/N.

"Peri" Y/N said as she/he tackled me into a hug

Steven must off been trying to tell me about Y/N coming over when he was walking away with Lapis. Why would Y/N come over this early also why would she come when it was just me in the farm? Unless-.

"Peridot"

"Huh"

"I thought you wanted to go somewhere with me"

 "I'm busy"

"With what.....this thing" Y/N said as she picked up the recorder that I was repairing earlier

"Hey, put that down"

I ran over to Y/N to get the machine out her/his hands but I was too short and Y/N was holding me back with one hand while observing it. Her/His eyes traveled over to the crate where I had the bolt lying on top of it. Y/N was clinging onto the top of my head as I tried to struggle out her/his grip. Abruptly, I heard laughter followed by Y/N releasing me out of her/his hold. She/He walked over to the bolt then picked it up.

"Peridot, you don't screw in bolts" Y/N said teasingly

"I know"

"Then why is there a screwdriver on the floor next to the crate"

"That was for something else" I said knowing that she/he had me trapped

"It's okay Peri, I'll teach you"

I noted that Y/N's voice got really soft and comforting after that which gave me the goosebumps. She/He patted the floor beside her/him so I sat down. Y/N began explaining to me what was the difference between screws, nuts, and bolts. I've never seen her like this, it's almost like she/he is trying to lure me in. Her/His face changed throughout the whole entire speech but her tone stayed the same.

"You got that Peridot"

"Yeah"

"Now let me help you with this"

Y/N reached behind her back after a faint glow was visible then she/he opened her/his hand to reveal a screw.

"Use this"

"Okay"

I obtained the screw out of her/his hand after collecting all of the materials I needed in order to fix the machine. Y/N sat on the crate while I worked on the floor but that didn't stop me from being effective with how I did things. Silence filled the air as I worked and Y/N daydreamed.

Y/N know a lot maybe I should ask her about the human ritual that Steven tried to explain to me. He was acting weird about it so maybe not. Y/N is different from Steven though.

"Hey Y/N"

"What'cha need"

"What is kissing"

Y/N froze at my question.

"Well....it's when two people come together in an affectionate way"

"Can you show me"

"I'm not sure"

"Please"

"Come here"

I walked over to Y/N.

"Promise me you won't tell anybody about this"

She/He change personalities really fast. Fun and bubbly to serious and quite scary.

"Okay"

Y/N grabbed the back of my head then mashed both of our lips together. I relaxed into it until felt Y/N bite my lip causing me to squeal. When she/he finally let go she/he apologized.

"That is kissing"

My body wouldn't move and my mouth couldn't form words.

"Hey guys, we are back" Steven said excitedly

"Hey Steven" Y/N said calmly almost out of character

Y/N waved at Lapis before claiming she/he had to leave. I couldn't do anything as I saw her/him walk out into the distance.

"Peridot, are you okay" Lapis said

I faintly nodded.

I kinda want to do that again.

"Lapis will you kiss me"

Lapis death glared me like I was one of her pray.

Uh-oh.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________