Garnet x Peridot

Peridot wants to learn how fuse with other gems but is too shy to ask Lapis or Amethyst.

________________________________________________________________________________
Peridot Pov

I can't ask Lapis, she'll kill me even if I mention the word fusion to her. I can't ask Amethyst, she'll probably deny me for Pearl anytime of the week. Maybe the Perma-

"Peridot don't stare at people it's not nice"

"But you do it all the time"

"It's a difference"

"Yeah, it's your version of being triggered"

"That's offensive in many ways, Peridot"

"Right, sorry" 

Garnet can teach me because she is a fusion herself. She must be a pro at it from the stories I heard about her.

"So Garnet"

Garnet only glanced at me then back at the stars. Currently, we were sitting on the haystack. Everyone else were in the barn talking to each other about their origin.

"No"

"You didn't even let me answer"

"Lapis needs time and with Amethyst, you have to ask her at the right time"

"What about you"

"Me" She questioned

Her future vision didn't see that.

"Yes"

She lifted her eyebrow up along with a smile on her face.

"I want to learn more about fusion not actually get into one"

"Reasonable"

"But before I get into it....can you teach me how to do that human ritual"

"What"

"How to dance"

I heard a low giggle which gave me goosebumps. Garnet stood up in front of me although I wasn't looking at her, I could tell that she was holding out her hand.

"I don't want to fuse...I want..to know how to fuse" I stuttered

Why is she getting me like this?

Oh yeah because she is intimidating.

"I promise I won't fuse with you, I'm going to show you how to fuse"

"Then just tell me"

"Sometimes I can't tell you how to do something"

I groaned then took her hand before getting yanked from my spot into a more open space.

"First you have to trust the person"

"Then you use that trust to bend your light together"

Garnet hands were wrapped with mine as we took small steps. I was short but I still kept up with her.

"Am I going to fast"

"No"

That's a lie.

"Are you sure"

"Yes"

Lie number two.

Garnet slowed down into smaller steps. I began to feel drowsy until I saw glow from above.

"Then you use that trust to bend your light together"

Trust.

Do I trust Garnet.

I felt a sharp pain in my gem when the glow died down. Garnet grinned at me.

"What happened Peridot"

"YOU WERE ABOUT TO FUSE WITH ME AFTER I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO"

"No I wasn't"

I know she was telling the truth but I couldn't bring myself to believe it.

Do I trust Garnet.
______________________________________________________________