Original: Chapter 6 - Half naked...

Start from the beginning

Noah walked closer to me just like back at my apartment, but this time I turned around and sprinted back to my room before he could corner me again. I shut the door, locked it and laid back on the bed. I can't believe my boss saw me in my underwear! I'm so embarrassed I could die right now.

"Sophia..." Noah whispered and knocked on the door softly"...can I come in?"

"Ummm" I replied and covered myself as best as I could with a blanket before the door was flung open.

Noah walked into my room and smiled at me, he sat across from me on the small chair in the corner of the room, lifted his foot to his knee and rested it there, then put his elbows on the arms of the chair "Are you okay?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I wiped a tear from beneath my ear, oh that's why he asked.

"You kind of just ran away from me a minute ago" He replied. Why does he take things to heart all of the time? I just wanted to put some clothes on before I embarrassed myself some more.

"Oh, well I just felt uncomfortable talking to you with not much on, since you are my boss" I replied and saw Noah's face drop

"Is that all you think of me as?" He asked "You don't see me as a friend?"

"Of course I do, but I just don't understand why you are mean to me" I replied regretting the words that just escaped my mouth. He has been nothing but kind to me and I only said that because I am confused about my feelings.

"Mean to you? I am letting you live in my apartment for free, I gave you a job at my company and you are telling me that I am mean to you!" Noah shouted, now standing at the end of the bed glaring at me.

I felt another tear slide down my face, but I wiped it away immediately and sniffed inward. I don't know why this is getting to me. More and more tears fall down my face and I can't stop them.

"Noah, please just leave me alone" I manage to whisper but he doesn't, instead he walks over to me and sits on the edge of the bed, placing his hand on my leg and rubbing it gently to calm me down.

"Sophia, I'm so sorry I just can't control myself. I've always had these issues, where my anger shows through most times I speak and I can't help it. You just frustrate me... you are infuriating." Noah says rubbing his temples.

I laid my head back onto my pillow and closed my eyes not knowing what to say to that confession. Was it much of a confession? Noah slid up the bed and laid next to me, although the bed was big there was not much space between because he laid as close as he could to me, I didn't mind though whenever I was around him, I just felt safe like nothing could ever hurt me again. 

"Please Sophia talk to me" Noah pushed and turned on his side and looked at me propping his head on his hand.

"I have nothing to say" I replied, because it was the truth and he kept silent breathing in and out slowly.

My life has been turned upside down, and shaken this past week and I have no one to turn to. No real friends or any family left. Now Noah wants to be my friend as well as my boss. I don't think I can put myself through the trauma of any more doomed friendships.

"Sir- I umm mean Noah, I appreciate every thing you have done for me I really do, you have been nothing but generous to me but-"

Suddenly I was cut off by Noah's lips on mine. He was now hovering over me and kissing me like I was the only air going into his lungs and all he needed.

I can't believe what I am doing, it was so wrong. I was kissing my boss, this is like the one real rule in employment; never hook up with your employer and now I am kissing him. I couldn't think straight this is the first real connection I've felt with anyone in a long time; I know it was wrong but it just felt so right.

I kissed him with as much passion as humanly possible, wrapping my hands around his neck, pulling him closer.

We eventually pulled away, both breathless looking into each others eyes. Not in a creepy way but an affectionate way like we were a couple who were deeply in love.

"I'm sorry Sophia, but I couldn't help it, I feel drawn to you" Noah said still hovering over me smiling softly.

"It's okay, it was nice" I answered. It was nice, I can't believe I just said that, that is beyond cringy. It shouldn't have been nice, it should never have happened.

Noah smirked like he always does and laid back down next to me with his hands behind his head. We didn't talk at all, just laid there together. He intertwined our fingers together, our hands fit together perfectly.

Noah then stood up and stormed out of the room. Have I done something wrong? Was my breath bad? I followed him but he was already out of sight, I looked around the hallway, as well as in the living room area but he was not there. He must have gone back to his room; should I go talk to him? I guess it's my turn to chase after him. There was one problem, I don't know which of these fricking rooms is his bedroom.