|Chapter XX|

Most of the cats were murmuring and whispering to each other around camp. MS still hadn't come back yet, and Ivypool had the feeling he wouldn't show up anytime soon. Rainkit wailed as Dovewing dragged him back to the nursery, tearing off his blue jacket in the proccess. Ivypool watched with sad eyes, making no move to defend him this time. She just stayed where she was, sulking and upset. After she came back, no one made any attempt to cheer her up. Well, Foxleap tried once, but to no avail. After that everyone left her alone, figuring there wasn't a point. No one could cheer her up.

The Clans had started going back to their old ways, where they stuck to their own territories and such. Most of the cats were happy that MS was gone, which only made Ivypool more upset. Dovewing padded over to her, her expression both worried and a little agitated at the same time.

"Ivypool," Dovewing mewed, trying to get her sister's attention. "Are you okay?"

"What do you think?" Ivypool snapped back at her. She was in no mood to talk.

Her sister recoiled a bit, taken aback by her harsh tone. "Why are you upset that MS is gone? He ruined the Clans! He broke what we had for so long. There have always been four Clans!"

"Is that really what you think, Dovewing?" Ivypool meowed, her fur bristling. "StarClan approved of him. . ."

Cats had gathered to watch the two ThunderClan she-cats. Firestar sat on the Highledge, Sandstorm by his side. Jayfeather sat by the medicine den, his ears angled in the direction of the argument. A couple of the apprentices were murming to each other, casting glances at the sisters.

"Why would StarClan approve of him?" Dovewing question, her fur bristling now. "Especially since he's giving my kits twoleg things! And he gave you that collar, which you still have!"

Ivypool bit back a rude remark about the jacket Rainkit used to have and about her necklace. "Like I know! But they trust him!"

Dovewing stomped her foot, then stormed out of camp. Featherkit peeked her head out of the nursery, probably wondering where her mother was going. Ivypool huffed and turned away, padding off in the direction of the Warriors den. She curled up in her nest, faintly aware of some of the other cats murming things from outside the den. She drifted off into a light sleep, surprised when she woke up in StarClan. Bluestar was looking at her, perched on a big rock. Ivypool looked around, a little confused.

"Ivypool," Bluestar's mew rang through the small clearing with confidence. "I suppose you're wondering why you're here."

Ivypool looked up at the old ThunderClan leader with challenge in her eyes. "Yeah, why am I here?"

"You need to forget about MS."

Bluestar jumped down from her rock, landing a few feet in front of Ivypool. Her blue eyes were a mix of emotions--understanding, confidence, sympathy, and something Ivypool couldn't make out.

"You want me to forget about him?" Her voice slightly shook. "I can't do that!"

"He is beyond StarClan's view. Perhaps you might know where he is?"

She did know where MS was, just not how to reach him. He was underground, most likely with his mother in that weird twoleg house.

"So what if I know? Why should I tell you?" Ivypool snapped bitterly.

Bluestar sighed, looking up at the sky, "MS leaving has affected StarClan. Almost everyone here had started to trust him, but him disappearing isn't helping their judgement."

"But why should I tell you where he is? What good would that do anyone?"

"If I knew where he was, I might be able to find him."

Ivypool hesitated. If Bluestar could bring MS back, why keep the information to herself? But what if she couldn't? She didn't know exactly where underground, she just knew it was underground.

"I only know he's underground," she finally said. "I don't know where."

"Thank you," Bluestar meowed. "Until I find him, promise me you'll forget about him. He might not want to come back, or, I might not find him."

"I can't promise you that. . ."

"Please try."

Before Ivypool could respond, the dream faded and she woke up. It was dark outside, and her other clanmates were sleeping around her. She quietly sighed, standing up and padding out of the Warriors den. She found herself walking to the Gathering Island, though she didn't know why. Occasionally, she glanced down at her necklace, watching the moonlight glint off of the green gem. When she reached the island, she crossed the fallen tree and ran over to the oak that the leaders sat in during gatherings. Ivypool started climbing, making her way up to MS' den.

Little did she know, she was being followed.

|Oh my gosh I'm so sorry about not updating. I guess I still don't have too much inspiration, but I'll try harder. I don't want to let this story die, especially since you guys like it and since I like where the story is heading. Thank you for all the views and votes you've given me, I really didn't expect people to like this story. But here I am, still writing because people like it. I hope I'm not disappointing anyone by waiting this long to update (I probably am >.<). Anyways, read on!|