|Chapter XVI|

Ivypool was sitting in MS' den, Rainkit nearby playing with a leaf. MS had told her to stay there and watch him while he went to go get something. She purred as she watched Rainkit bat at the leaf. She heard leaves rustle behind her, and she turned around to see MS holding some kind of... Needle. It was filled with a milky-white liquid.

"What is that?" Ivypool asked, eyeing the needle. "It doesn't look natural."

"It's called a shot," MS meowed around the needle. "This'll help Rainkit survive without milk for about five days."

Ivypool blinked, "Wait, you're gonna stick that in him?"

MS nodded, and looked at Rainkit. He put the needle down for a second.

"Look, it doesn't seem safe to you, but I know what I'm doing. My mother said that she got these before, and that they only hurt for a second."

Ivypool still felt skeptical. She didn't like the idea of a needle being poked into Rainkit, but then again, it couldn't be much different from a thorn. She scuffed the leaves with her paw and dipped her head.

"If you say so," she muttered.

MS' looked at her with his blue eyes, causing Ivypool to look at him. His eyes were calming when they were like this, like the lake on a greenleaf day. He picked the needle up and started walking over to Rainkit. The little kit pounced on the leaf he was focused on.

"Gotcha!" Rainkit meowed in triumph.

Rainkit looked up from his leaf to see MS walking towards him. His eyes got wider and he mewed in fear. Ivypool ran over to him, nuzzling him.

"It's okay, you're okay," she soothed.

Rainkit seemed to calm down a little bit, but was still jumpy. Ivypool just kept stroking him with her tail until MS was ready to stick the needle in him. She looked up at her leader, and saw MS staring steadily back at her. He nodded his head at Rainkit's left leg. Ivypool kept Rainkit steady, making sure that he didn't move his left leg much. MS carefully put in the needle, causing Rainkit to whimper. The contents inside the needle emptied into Rainkit's leg, and MS pulled it back out. The needle disappeared from sight.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" MS asked Rainkit, his eyes still blue.

Rainkit nodded his head and sat down, free from Ivypool's grip. Ivypool continued to stroke Rainkit with her tail.

"Now, he'll have to eat prey of course, but milk is out of the question for him now," MS meowed to Ivypool.

She nodded, staying where she was.

"He can stay with me until further notice, seeing as Dovewing clearly isn't happy right now."

Ivypool stopped stroking Rainkit and looked at MS, "Is that really a good idea? Dovewing is mad enough as it is."

"It's a fine idea to me. If you take him back to ThunderClan, Dovewing is going to try and get him back. If he stays here, he has space to play, and he can stay away from Dovewing."

He did have a point; Dovewing could be stubborn when she wanted to be. She reluctantly nodded in agreement, and started to pad towards the exit. Before she knew it, she had been teleported back to the ThunderClan camp, where Dovewing was waiting with Featherkit. Dovewing's look was stern, as if it was saying 'Where is my kit and what did you do with him?'

"Ivypool..." Dovewing said in a low hiss. "I know you took Rainkit somewhere..."

"So what if I did?" Ivypool countered.

"Where is he?"

"You don't need to know."

Dovewing's eyes grew angry.

"He's with MS, isn't he!" Dovewing accused. "You took him to MS because he's the answer to everything!"

Ivypool flinched, "So what if I did take him to MS? He doesn't exactly want to see you right now."

"He's my kit!"

"And you're his horrible mother!"

Dovewing's eyes grew wide, her expression hurt. Ivypool blinked, realizing that she had taken it to far.

"Dovewing..." She meowed. "I..."

"No, you're right, Ivypool," Dovewing mewed quietly. "I am a horrible mother..."

Ivypool rested her tail on Dovewing's shoulder, "No you're not, Dovewing. You're just new at this, that's all."

Dovewing didn't look convinced, but she nodded anyway. She ushered Featherkit back into the camp, and cast one last glance at Ivypool before heading towards the nursery. Ivypool sighed, and headed back into camp. She saw Bumblestripe talking to Dovewing, and decided to escape into the Warriors' den before she could be yelled at. She curled up in her nest, thinking about Rainkit. I hope he's not scared...

Ivypool drifted into a deep sleep, her mind taking her to a place full of stars.

|Oh my Irene look at this rare appearence. Two chapters of Ivypool's Lament posted in one night!? *le gasp* Catch it on camera while you still can! x3 Anyways, read on!|