|Chapter III|

Every cat was gathered in the camp's clearing, ready for the gathering. All cats were uncertain about what was going to happen, and were worried that StarClan were going to cover the moon. Ivypool was near the entrance, staring at Dovewing who was sitting in the nursery entrance. With her kits near, she couldn't come, but she wanted to.

"Okay, let's go!"

Ivypool followed the wave of cats out of the entrance, heading for the island where their gatherings were held. She could see WindClan waiting for them. Onestar led his Clan over to theirs, and Firestar said a few words and they kept going. WindClan had been so hostile, but since the borders have been quiet they had been more friendly. She saw Breezepelt and Lionblaze staring at each other as they ran. For once, their gazes were more afraid than hostile.

Once they had reached the gathering island, they crossed the tree bridge and waited in the clearing. RiverClan was the only Clan not here, but they took this time to talk to other Clans. Ivypool looked over at Tigerheart, who was looking around worriedly. She walked up to him.

"Why look so worried?" Ivypool asked.

"I'm looking for that strange cat. What if he hurts the cats that are still in the camp, with kits or pregnant with kits?" Tigerheart meowed.

Ivypool sighed. He means Dovewing.

"If you mean Dovewing, she's fine and she's not your mate!" Ivypool snapped, padding off towards Breezepelt and Lionblaze.

The two brothers were talking to each other, throwing glances around the clearing every few words. Ivypool knew why, and didn't know what she could say to reassure them. Instead, she just walked up and sat down next to them. Breezepelt turned his attention to her.

"Ivypool, what do you think that strange cat is going to do?" He asked, curious.

Ivypool realized how much nicer Breezepelt had been since the death of the Dark Forest leader and two of its most skilled warriors.

"Nothing dangerous, I don't think he would anyway," Ivypool thought out loud.

"Why wouldn't he? The three of us have seen what he can do," Lionblaze pushed.

"But that was self defense, and to prove that messing with him is a bad idea," Ivypool insisted. She would defend MS as far as defending would go. Something about him was just... Weird, but he was easy to talk to.

"What if the Clans don't agree? He'll try to prove again, and how would you know anything about him?" Breezepelt mewed, getting even more curious.

"Dovewing and I talked to him in the forest the other day," Ivypool confessed. "He didn't seem dangerous at the time..." She trailed off.

Breezepelt snorted. "Fine! If you're so keen to defend him, say it to a cat who cares!"

Breezepelt ran off to go talk to Heathertail. Lionblaze just shook his head, and padded over to Hollyleaf. Ivypool was about to go talk to Applefur, when the stench of fish hit her nose. She looked over at the entrance, and RiverClan came pouring through. Mistystar quickly hopped onto the Great Oak. Ivypool saw her say a few words to the other leaders, and she yowled to start the gathering. Onestar stepped forward first.

"All has been going well with WindClan, the borders have been quiet, and-"

He was cut off by a cat appearing on the branch that hung out over the clearing. All the Clans except for ThunderClan and the Dark Forest apprentices gasped, startled by the cat's sudden appearance. A hiss came out of Breezepelt, who had his ears flat and fur fluffed up. Ivypool stared at the newcomer. MS? Now? We just started the gathering!

Firestar had unsheathed his claws, but was staying back. Blackstar had tried to leap forward to confront the new threat, but was stopped by Firestar.

"Hello Clan cats," MS started. "Do not be afraid of me, I bring you no harm."

"No harm? You nearly killed Firestar the other day!" Ivypool heard Lionblaze yowl.

"That was self defense, and either way, does he look hurt now?" MS asked, pointing at Firestar with his tail. "Now let me speak, or do you want to get hurt, too?"

All the cats were silent now. They didn't dare break the tension in the air.

"Now that I have your full attention, listen to reason." He continued. "I have come to be the leader of the four Clans, to lead it to a better future, where no cats fight each other or compete for prey."

Everyone was looking at each other, confusion in their gazes. Ivypool was just taking it all in, occasionally looking around to see what was happening. Blackstar looked furious, along with Onestar. Mistystar was taking a more calm approach, and was listening. Firestar was doing the same.

"I wish to lead the Clans, and if anyone objects, they can fight me against my word," MS challenged.

Blackstar sprung forward, clearly objecting this new cat's words. MS easily dodged, teleporting a little farther down the branch. Blackstar landed clumsily, loosing his balance and nearly slipping out of the tree. Firestar intervened, dragging Blackstar towards the other leaders. Ivypool saw Firestar talking to them, and after a few moments, Firestar stepped forward onto the branch where MS was waiting.

"ThunderClan agrees to having you as our leader," he said.

The ThunderClan cats gasped, looking at each other with confused eyes. Ivypool just sat there, unsure of what to do. She could feel something heavy in her chest, but couldn't figure out what it was.

Mistystar stepped forward.

"So will RiverClan," she announced.

"So will WindClan," Onestar said, raising his tail.

Finally, Blackstar dipped his head. "As will ShadowClan.

All the cats yowled in protest. Ivypool looked up at the moon. StarClan hadn't covered it. What does this mean? How will this work? StarClan doesn't seem angry, but what about everyone here?

Ivypool just shook her head, gazing at MS who was sweeping his empty gaze around the clearing of enraged cats.