|Chapter VII|

Ivypool woke with a start, her dream a little fuzzy. She had to tell Jayfeather what StarClan had told her. She got up from her nest, noticing that the Warriors den was empty. Had she slept in? She shook her head, that didn't matter right now. She raced out of the empty den, stopping once she reached the entrance. She pricked her ears up, hearing a familiar voice. Ivypool growled to herself. Tigerheart.

She looked towards the nursery, where Dovewing was sitting in the entrance and Tigerheart was in front of her. Dovewing seemed uninterested, her tail flicking back and forth. Tigerheart hadn't seemed to notice.

"Go away Tigerheart, what we had once before is gone, and the kits aren't yours," Dovewing told the ShadowClan tom.

Ivypool walked over, stopping behind Tigerheart.

"I know, but I just wanted to see if you were okay, since you just had kits and all," Tigerheart meowed sheepishly.

"And I'm glad for that, Tigerheart, but they aren't yours like I said before," Dovewing mewed softly. "How did you find out about them anyway?"

"MS told us in the Dark Forest last night."

Dovewing's eyes widened. Her fur started to bristle.

"He took you to the Dark Forest? Is that why he chose the four of you?"

Tigerheart shrugged. "I guess."

Ivypool stepped in.

"Tigerheart, please go. I need to talk to Dovewing," Ivypool meowed, warning in her mew.

Tigerheart looked like he was about to object, but thought better and dipped his head.

"See you another time, Dovewing," the young tom ran off towards the entrance.

Ivypool shooked her head, then looked back at Dovewing.

"Was he giving you trouble? Where was Bumblestripe throughout all this?" Ivypool asked her sister.

"No, he wasn't giving me trouble, honestly, I'm a little glad he came to see me. At least he still cares. Bumblestripe is out on patrol, wanna come see the kits?"

Ivypool thought for a moment. The dream isn't going anywhere, I can see her kits. Ivypool nodded her head, following Dovewing into the nursery. There were two kits in her nest, they both looked like Bumblestripe; tabbies. The she-cat was white, and the tom was gray.

"One tom and one she-cat," Dovewing told her. "Aren't they cute?"

The white furred one looked up at her with green eyes. "Who are you?" She mewed.

Ivypool purred. "My name is Ivypool, I'm your mother's sister."

The gray one opened his eyes, they were a baby yellow. He batted a paw at her before falling back asleep. Ivypool purred even more, turning to look at Dovewing.

"They're amazing, Dovewing. Have you named them yet?" She asked.

Dovewing nodded. "The she-cat's name is Featherkit, and the tom is Rainkit."

"Beautiful names, I'll come and see you later, but I have to go talk to Jayfeather about something."

Dovewing dipped her head, "I'll see you later then."

Ivypool left rhe nursery and padded over to the medicine den. She poked her head it, the tang of herbs filling her nose.

"Jayfeather?" She called out.

"Yes, what is it Ivypool?" Answered a voice. He must be in the herb store.

Briarlight was curled up in her nest, her breathing slow.

"I need to talk to you about a dream," Ivypool called back go him, stepping inside the medicine den.

Jayfeather came out of the herb store, a bundle of leaves in his jaw. He put them down and walked over to her.

"A dream?" He asked her.

"Yes, last night MS took us all to the Dark Forest, but when I left I just entered another one with StarClan," Ivypool explained.

Jayfeather nodded his head, telling her to continue.

"Bluestar told me that MS has good intentions, and that I need to spread the word that he only means good."

The medicine cat was silent for a moment, then he answered.

"I should tell this to Firestar. Maybe if they know that StarClan is okay with him, then they'll calm down and accept him as leader," Jayfeather told her, walking past her to the exit.

"Do you believe that he's good?" Ivypool asked.

Jayfeather stopped, not looking back at her.

"I don't know what to think, Ivypool," then he kept walking.

Ivypool followed him to Firestar's den, where he and Brambleclaw were talking. They stopped when Jayfeather and Ivypool walked in.

"Jayfeather? Ivypool? What is it?" Firestar asked.

"Ivypool said StarClan spoke to her in a dream last night," Jayfeather meowed, getting straight to the point.

"Oh? What did StarClan tell you, Ivypool?"

"Bluestar came to me and said that I was right to trust MS, and that he only has good intentions. She told me to spread the word that we should trust him," Ivypool explained.

"MS?" Firestar questioned.

"Oh, MS is our new leader's name."

Firestar blinked, and was silent for a moment. Brambleclaw was staring into space, thinking about who knows what. Firestar broke the silence after what seemed to be forever.

"Should I tell the Clan that StarClan trusts him?" Firestar thought aloud.

Jayfeather nodded his head. "That seems to be what Bluestar wanted."

"Okay, I'll go call a meeting right now, since the patrols just got back," their leader walked out onto the Highledge.

Brambleclaw and Jayfeather followed, while Ivypool stayed in Firestar's den to think for a moment.

MS, what are your intentions?