|Chapter XII|

|Hey readers! Thank you sooooooo much for 200+ reads! Thank you to those who are giving support for my story, and who have read it from the very beginning. I'm just really happy that people care about my story. Anyways, read on!|

Ivypool sat under the Sky Oak, Dovewing, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather sitting in front of her. She sucked in a breath, slowly letting it out. Okay Ivypool, it's your job to convince them.

"Okay listen," Ivypool meowed, still a little nervous. "I need you three to trust MS."

Dovewing glared at Ivypool, her soft yellow eyes obviously telling her that she wouldn't trust him.

"You took me out here to convince me to trust him? I could be with my kits!" Dovewing spat. "I don't think trusting him is the best idea, especially after he gave you that kittypet collar!"

Ivypool winced. It wasn't a collar, but she didn't say anything to contradict her. Dovewing and her used to be close, but it seems like the kits and MS shattered a bit of their friendship.

"Give us a good reason to trust him," Lionblaze meowed.

"Well..." Ivypool thought of somewhere to start. "Bluestar told me that it would be good if you trusted him, given your powers and all."

Jayfeather seemed interested at that. His relationship with StarClan was interesting, and he listens to what they have to say.

"I'll speak with StarClan tonight to confirm what Bluestar said," Jayfeather meowed, and walked back towards the camp.

"StarClan? If they say to trust him, he must mean well, right?" Lionblaze theorized, looking at Dovewing.

Dovewing just snorted and started walking back to the camp. Ivypool felt hurt, why couldn't Dovewing cooperate? She looked at the only one who was left, which was Lionblaze.

"I'll trust him if StarClan does, Ivypool," he meowed, getting up and walking back to camp.

Ivypool looked at her paws. Everyone except for Dovewing listened to her, but why? She started following Lionblaze, tail dragging across the ground and head hanging. She bumped in too something, and hissed at herself. She looked up and realized it was a cat. She hopped back. Her eyes widened. It was MS.

"S-Sorry!" Ivypool meowed, ears drooping.

"What's wrong? You look very sad," MS mewed, his paw lifting one of her ears up. "Lighten up."

"Dovewing seems to hate my judgement now!" She blurted, tail lifting up.

"Why?" MS asked, even though it was obvious.

"Because I spend so much time with you," Ivypool meowed quietly.

They sat in silence for a while, Ivypool's gaze studying her paws. The silence was broken by a voice.

"Ivypool? Ivypool, I'm sorry, I should-"

Dovewing pushed her way through the undergrowth, finding Ivypool and MS. Hatred seemed to flare in her eyes for a second. Ivypool lifted her head to look at her sister, and MS slightly moved his head to meet Dovewing's eyes. He sighed.

"Why don't you like me? What did I do to make you hate me so much?" MS asked.

Dovewing looked a little shocked for a second, but quickly regained her posture.

"You're threatening the lives of many, including my kits!" She spat.

MS tilted his head to the side.

"You know I can protect them, why are you scared about them getting hurt?"

"Okay, maybe that's not the real reason, but why should I tell you why?"

"Because I'm your leader," MS retorted.

Dovewing hesitated at that, and looked at Ivypool. Ivypool just looked at her, not giving her help.

"I'm just upset that you're always around my sister," Dovewing admitted. "I feel like you're going to drag her away from me."

Ivypool's neck fur bristled, "You're afraid he's going to drag me away from you? Well, you seem to be doing a great job of distancing our friendship yourself, Dovewing!"

Now it was Dovewing's turn to look hurt. She backed up a step, then turned and ran back to the ravine. Ivypool got her fur to lie flat again. MS sighed.

"You know, Dovewing isn't exactly a cat I like, but her kits are okay," MS meowed.

"What? Her kits?" Ivypool asked, confused.

"They've done a great job of hiding from their mother in the bushes."

Ivypool twitched her ears at the sound of rustling in the bushes. Two kits jumped out, tumbling over each other. Rainkit wobbled over to MS.

"What is this thing?" Rainkit mewed, batting at his green twoleg pelt.

"It's called a jacket," MS meowed back.

"Cool! I want one!" Rainkit purred.

Featherkit walked up to Ivypool, rubbing her head against her leg. Ivypool couldn't help but purr, they were too cute.

"We should probably get them back to camp, Dovewing must be worried," Ivypool meowed.

Before she could say anything else, she was in the camp. MS must've done whatever it is he does to go places. Dovewing was looking around frantically, her gaze resting on her kits. Her eyes grew stern.

"Rainkit! Featherkit!" Dovewing called over to them. "Come here right now!"

Featherkit and Rainkit reluctantly left Ivypool's and MS' sides, padding over to their mother.

"I wonder if I'll ever have kits," Ivypool muttered, watching Dovewing lead the kits back into the nursery.

MS tilted his head at her comment, but didn't say anything. He disappeared, leaving Ivypool there to be with her clanmates. She sighed, and padded over to the Warriors' den. I'll just take a quick nap... She yawned, and found her nest. She still hadn't convinced Dovewing yet, that was a problem. She shook her head. She would worry about that tomorrow.