Chapter 7

"Okay! Now increase your speed!" I yelled at the assigned group. First step in my training is to increase the amount of air you can intake. When you're in a battle you can't just say to the enemy 'wait I'll just catch my breath' then pause and continue. The reason why most of the wolfs die is because after fighting for a long time, they eventually wore out, well who wouldn't? But the point is this step will help you last longer than other wolfs. 

"Easy" someone yelled

“Only 4 hours left!" I shouted back and as the word spread out gasp echoed through my ear. "If you feel like you’re tired then jug, once you regained your strength speed up" I continued

I stopped running to look at the others. Most were starting to pant and some were starting to perspire. Once they were ahead of me I run to the front again. After 3 hours someone complained "What will this have to do in our training!?"

I rolled my eyes "You'll find out the day after tomorrow!"

"We're going to run for 3 days!?" 

"Well, yeah but tomorrow its 12 hours of running starting at 7. 6 hours in the morning on human form then 6 hours in the afternoon in wolf form!" I grinned

"Whoa, that was epic. I'm not used to running" A guy sighed as he sat down once we came back.

"That's why I'm telling you to run" I sat on the stage

"Wooaahhh... You are NOT panting" the same guy pointed out

"Used to it" I shrugged as I chugged down a bottle of water but I was perspiring which was very uncomfortable.

There was rustling of braches then we heard a snapping sound. We all looked to that direction to see Nathan coming out of the forest shirtless. I rolled my eyes again. Show off.

"Huh, that was tiring" a girl's voice echoed followed by a giggle. She was only wearing a very sort tube that shows her flat tummy and her huge cleavage. Umm, this is not a pool party, I think you're in a wrong place  I said to myself 

Mate Mate! My wolf shouted, she was twirling and practically drooling at the prescence of her mate.

Shut up, we don't have a mate I snapped

She ignored me and continued to shout at her mate. This was pointless.

I walked into the woods and when I noticed that the distance between them was pretty big I started to lay down. 

Ugh, this shirt is sticky

I looked around me only to see the empty forest ....safe. I removed my shirt dumped in perspiration so I was left in my sports bra. I sighed in contentment as the forest air hit my stomach

"Perfect"

"Oh the sight? yeah."

I was startled to hear a voice, Nathans voice. I looked at him with wide while reaching for my shirt and putting it on again. "What are you doing here!?" I half shouted half whispered.

"My wolfs mate was calling him" he sat near me but I moved far from him.

"There's no one here" my voice a bit cold

As it sinks in to him his face fell but he composed himself right away.

I started to back away but I stopped when my hand made contact to something wet. I looked at it only to see blood. Then it came to me. Those memories that hunted me every night. The reason why I am here now. That wound that not any wolf can be healed.

I was shaking uncontrollably. My shirt started to get wet, that's when I noticed I was crying. My eyes started to replay what I was afraid of. I was starting to get weak. It took every strength I could muster to stand only to fall back again. I could hear shouts but I couldn't see and pinpoint where it was coming. My eyes can only see those things in my nightmares.

Blood

Shouts

Wolf

His eyes

I was shaking furiously. My hand which doesn't have blood immediately looked for my necklace. I felt something holding me asking me if I'm alright. That was the problem. I was alright. I haven't found the necklace that made my heart beat even faster. My wolf also shouting in pain from those horrifying memories. 

I blinked to regain my sense of sight but only a picture of a tilted forest I can see, till I could no longer fight not to sleep.

********

A/N: 

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you about 'Best Friends' another one of my books, I know Mystery Mate is not finished but I have already written 'Best Friends' and there are already chapters laid out so I'll just type it then post. Not like Mystery Mate which I still have the papers in my mind XD 

So guys, why do you think Nathalie fainted?