"Ohh. Well isn't the person you're picking up going to see?" He asked with confusion.

     "Yeah, but it's just my cousin. He's cool-He won't rat me out." I lied.

     "Okay! I'll wait." He said parking near the side.

     "Thanks! I won't be long."

     A wave of anxiousness rushed through my body as I walked into the cold hospital. 'What I'm doing is not okay, but It's the right thing to do for Darren. He doesn't belong here' I reminded myself.

     "Hi!" I smiled. The woman at the front desk was different than yesterday which I was thankful for. The lady from yesterday was the one I asked for help on how to get Darren checked out.

     "Hello, how can I help you?" She asked politely.

     "I'm here to visit my cousin. He doesn't go by any name."

     "Ohh yes. That gentleman. Take a seat over there on the couch and I'll go find him." She smiled.

     "Thank you!"

     I sat down and waited while staring at the white tiled floor. The sound of footsteps chimed behind me. "Darren?" I said above a whisper.

     "Here he is! Stay and chat as long as you like." She said.

     "Hey! How's it going?" I asked giving him a big hug.

     "It's going." He sighed. "Wait here," I whispered into his ear.

     "Oh, ma'am, can I request something? It's very important."

     "Yes?" She raised her eyebrows.

     I spoke quietly so Darren wouldn't be able to hear me.

     "My cousin's been through a lot lately, and I came here from out of the state just to see him. I can only stay one more night and I was wondering if I could take him out to eat for an hour or two. I'm sure it'd make him feel so much better; you know, to get out for awhile and be, 'normal'." I explained.

     "Hmm, sweetie, I don't know. That's not exactly in our policy."

     "He's safe with me. I know him like the back of my hand. I'll have him back in a couple of hours." I lied.

     "I guess it wouldn't hurt. He hasn't caused us much trouble now that I think about it. He's a quiet one."

     "I know. It was just a bad night that resulted in him ending up here. We all have bad nights, right?" I asked with sad eyes.

     "I suppose we do. Have fun." She smiled.

     "Oh, thank you so much." I smiled while giving her a hug. She seemed taken back by my hug, but I didn't care. If it weren't for her kindness, I might not have been able to go through with my plan.

     I ran over to Darren and put one hand upon his shoulder. "Let's go."

     "Go?" He asked with a shocked expression.

     "Yeah! I'm taking you to lunch!" I winked. "by the way, if anyone asks, you're my cousin."

     A smile was plastered onto my face as we got into the uber.

     "Back to the hotel?"

     "Yes, sir!" I smiled.

     Small talk was exchanged and I tipped him extra for being cool.

     "I can't believe your plan worked." He said as we got into the elevator.

     "I told you I'd get you out of there. I keep my word."