22: Graduation

*the photo is Arabella in her  dress, except imagine it lavender :)*

     Today I don't want to think.

     Darren is out there in an unfamiliar state with the police frantically trying to figure out who he is when I'm most likely the only person who knows anything.

     Graduation is in two days. Finals are over with, but with him haunting my mind it was hard to concentrate.

     Just two more days. After I walk off that stage with a diploma in my hand, I'm off to Colorado.

     Honestly, I would leave sooner, but my parents would kill me. They've already accepted me going to college and I don't want to wreck that. Plus, Darren is in the hands of police. He can't wander off or be in any type of danger to where he couldn't be helped.

     "Wait. So you're fleeing the state right after graduation?" Daniela asked in shock.

     "Yep. I booked a flight with my rainy day money."

     "You're insane! But...the more I think about it, it's a beautiful story. Very romantic! Wait- do you have feelings for him?"

     "That's not important. His safety is what I'm focused on."

     "So you do." She smirked sneakily.

     "I don't know! I'm confused. After the whole thing with Reed, I feel so stupid. A relationship doesn't seem like the smartest thing to get into."

     "You like the crazy boy!" She sang.

     "He's not crazy! He just has a problem that went a bit out of control. After he comes back he'll be fine. He just needs to snap out of it." I explained.

     "It's that simple?"

     "I don't know. Hopefully." I sighed.

     "Well, I hope for the best too. He seems like a genuinely good guy."

     "He is. A very confusing closed up guy too though."

     "On the bright side, we're out of the prison that is high school in two days!" She exclaimed.

     "I know! I love the dresses we choose. It better make me look good in photos."

     Daniela and I went shopping a while ago for the perfect graduation dress. She bought a bright yellow dress with a bow that tied in the back and I bought a lavender, chiffon dress that had a sweetheart neckline. They were gorgeous!

     "Same. The yellow won't wash me out for sure because of my dark hair. You better hope the lavender doesn't wash you out, girl."

     "It won't!" I smacked her arm. "You're such a perfectionist when it comes to fashion."

     "I'm only a perfectionist about stuff that matters. Looks matter whether people like it or not! The human eye judges based on first impressions of appearance. It's natural. I might as well look my best at all times."

     "That logic makes no sense." I laughed.

     "Yes, it does! You're the scientist. You should know better than I do!"