16: His Name

Prom was finally around the corner. I'd still heard no word from the nameless boy, so I'd have to plan on getting myself a date, or going solo.

"Arabella, you can't just go alone. Do you know how lame that'll look?"

"It's not lame, it shows she's an independent woman. Unlike you." Kade rolled his eyes.

Let's just say Daniela and Kade aren't in a good place right now. She told him how she felt, so naturally he took it the wrong way and made it an even bigger problem relating to trust.

"I can't believe you just said that! I am an independent woman! In fact, maybe I should become one all together!"

"Whoa, guys. Take it easy." Avery said.

"For real, you guys can't break up now! You've been through so much together and it'd be crazy to throw all of that away over one fight. You should probably go somewhere after school to talk it out like adults or something." I suggested, slightly annoyed at how childish they were both being.

"I've tried talking to him about it, but all he can hear is his side of the story." Daniela rested her head on her hand.

"Whatever, I don't need this right now, text me later I guess." Kade said before walking off.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Daniela yelled.

"To theater to cheat on you, duh. That's what I must be doing because I'm such a terrible boyfriend." He said back with anger. Daniela shook her head then put her head down in frustration.

"Hey, it'll be okay. He's just upset right now. I'm sure he'll realize how stupid he's being and listen to what you've been saying." I said rubbing her arm with comfort.

"When I told him, I made sure to not use the word "cheat" because I know he's not a cheater, but he just made me feel like crap compared to that girl." She said with tears in her eyes. "Even when they're just walking in the halls together he looks more happy with her than he ever did with me. How is that not suppose to affect me?"

"You have every right to feel this way, Dani. But I know Kade, being dramatic and emotional will freak him out. He's acting up like that because it's the easy thing to do. What he's scared to do is admit be put another girl before you. I'm pretty sure he's aware of his screw up here."

"Exactly." I agreed with Avery. "He wants to play victim, when in reality, you are."

"Ugh, this is so frustrating." She sighed.

"Prom is next week, that gives you plenty of time to smoothen things over. Prom night will be perfect and you'll remember how you fell in love with a goof like him." I smiled.

She smiled and wiped the tear that almost fell from her eye. "Thanks, I hope you're right. Until then...we need to find you a date!"

"Who could I possibly go with?"

"Hmmm..." Daniela scanned the cafeteria.

"Man, Doo. If I would've known earlier I would be more than happy to be your date, but I already confirmed with Delilah."

"It's cool. I am the jerk who turned you down anyways." I shrugged.

"So? Everyone deserves to have the perfect senior prom - no matter how cheesy and awful that sounds. Plus, I understand why you rejected me, no hard feelings."

I smiled at him and continued eating my lunch.

"Hey! I know!" Daniela shouted.

"Who?" Avery asked.