Chapter 37

Editor's Note

Here ya go! :>

JULIA WILSON

I unlocked my phone and decided to text Sandro.

'Can you pick Lucas just for today? Stuck in traffic.' I press send and decided to enjoy the bay area view.

Okay, before you judge, yes I lied to him, but I did that because I need to have some alone-time with myself and to think things through.

As the sun set over the horizon, a pang of sudden pain washed over me. What would Luis think of me? Isn't this bad? I mean yeah I got over him but deep inside my heart, I know that I will be lying if I say that he's completely gone. Nothing and no one would replace for that bastard. That sick bastard who got my heart the dangerous way.

Wherever you are, I wish for you to be happy. This world is a cruel place for you, you deserved so much.

I took one last sip of the beer before answering my phone, 'Hey!' I greeted.

'Hey, I just wanna ask if it's okay to take Lucas out. My brothers are in town for a week..'

I jump off the Cherokee bras of my rover to wear my heels, 'Yeah yeah, that'd be great. Just bring him back tomorrow morning and don't starve him. I swear, if you starve him, I'll cut you off with my heels. Got that?'

I heard a chuckle on the other line, 'Yep! I'll text you later, bye!'

I ended the call. I hop in and drove off to my house. I was jamming to a song when I heard my phone go off. Not bothering to look at the caller, I answered, "Hello"

"Hey Julia! Can I talk to you? Coffee?" Tita Risa's voice shook me. Yeah she's kind and she's 'mahinhin' but do you know that feeling when someone wants to talk to you and you don't know how to react? That's me right now.

"Sure tita, text me the address po," I replied trying to sound like I'm smiling.

"Thank you Julia!" she sighed and ended the call.

Now my whole system's shook.

SANDRO MARCOS

I opened the car door for Lucas as he stare at our house with an unsure look on his face.

"Let's go!" I carried him as we walk inside.

I was greeted by my family literally lying around our living room while watching a Disney movie, "Hey guys!"

Mom looked at me and dropped her stare at Lucas who's still uncomfortable around us. She ushered us to go to the kitchen with her, "Hi Lucas!" she kissed his forehead but Lucas remained silent.

I scan the ref for a meal for us. Mom was making Lucas a hot chocolate.

"Hey Lucas, why are you so quiet?" I crouched beside him.

"I just want candies!" he whispered.

I laugh, "But your mom said no."

He pouted and I give in. I handed him the bowl of candies we used to keep in store for Halloween.

He smiled devilishly and started to eat. I smiled at him.

"So?" mom asked me.

"So?" I said back.

"You and Lucas huh!" she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Mom, I swear it's not what you think. I'm not taking care of him just to get back with Julia, I'm taking care of him because he needs a father figure," I replied.

She raised both of her hands in surrender, "I didn't say anything!"

Typical mom!

-

Lucas sat at my beanbag chair in my room while I was in desperate search for a toy to keep him sane from crying because the candies ran out. I handed him the superman figurine and he just smiled at me.

"Why are you being good to me? You're not my dad!" he asks.

"I am not your dad. I'm just a man who was a part of your mom's life. Like friends, and friends take care of each other's sons or daughters," I explained.

"Then why don't I see your family. Do you have kids too?" he asks again.

"I don't. I'm still busy with my life to have 'em."

"Then why do you take care of me? Am I a distraction?" he mumbled the last part.

"No no no, you are the greatest plot twist here in the story kiddo," I ruffled his hair.

He smiled at me before walking over to my bed to sleep, "Goodnight then!"

-

The door in the living room blasted heavily revealing a panicked Julia. I stood up and asked her what was wrong.

She place her hands over her chest to catch her breath, "Where's Lucas?!" she almost shouted.

They all walked over her to comfort her from crying. "Let's talk in the kitchen!' dad suggested.

-

"So what happened?" I asked her while she's drinking water.

"Tita Risa wants to have Lucas' custody!" she explained.

My eyes grew wide, "She what?"

"She wanted to take care of him. She called a lawyer and an agent on me," she cried.

"Okay hush hush, we'll help you," mom said.

-

"So you need to have a partner in order for her to not take Lucas' custody," the lawyer we called announced.

"Wait, that's the only choice we have?" she asked him.

"Yes or we wait until the kid is legal for him to decide on his own" the lawyer explained.

She sat back and sighed. Maybe now's the time.

"I will take up his place in order for you to still have Lucas' custody," I volunteered quietly.

-

Author's Note

Y'ALL SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG ILYSM ALL FOR STICKING UP WITH US.

Editor's Note

Don't forget to vote and comment! Mahal namin kayo. <3