Chapter 15

Author's Note

Listen to Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade for this chapter.

JULIA WILSON

The sun met my eyes and before I knew it, I was up. I saw the kids all sitting on the long wooden chair while eating. I walked towards the table and saw eggs. Yay, I missed this. I missed this kind of breakfast, the ordinary one, with the ordinary foods.

I took a seat and put a small amount of rice onto my plate. I topped it off with an egg and started to gobble.

"Hey, good morning?" I was interupted by a Sandro who came from a bathroom.

I put the down my fork and drink before greeting him back, "Morning!" I smiled. "Nagbreakfast ka na?"

He tousled his hair before speaking, "Nope, can I join you?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Magdamit ka muna kaya, ewww," I laughed at him.

He pouted before running to our room. I went back to eating and was joined by him a couple of minutes later.

He ate breakfast with me while the kids are giggling and laughing behind us.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Pass the rice please?"

He handed me the bowl of rice and smiled, "Here ya go!"

We heard shouts and cheers, "Uy, di na sila nag-aaway. Bati na silaaa," the kids, who are peeping through the curtain, said in unison.

Yep, I'm friends with my ex - I thought to myself.

Sandro finished his plate before running towards them and tickling them to death, "Ang kukulit niyo talaga!" 

He sniffed them one by one playfully, "Di pa kayo naliligo!" he laughed.

I was tempted to take a pic. Because A, they look so fine and B, Sandro's kindness and playfulness is like a once in a blue moon event. So I did, while laughing and clutching onto my stomach.

"Ba't ka nagpipicture?" he asked me while standing.

"You look awfully cute eh," I instantly put my hand over my mouth after I said that.

Damn.

"I know, because if I'm not, then I wouldn't be your boyfriend," he said while helping the kids to stand up.

Oh yeah, you were. Cue the word were.

*

We told all the kids to line up before we give them books and all that school stuffs in a bag. The organizer of the campaign asked us to sit in a circle manner.

We did what we were told and sat on the ground.

This is like a support group. Only kids and teens were involved, not disease or cancer patients. The organizer then asked all of us to stand up when called and share some things we regret.

Every kids were like pinagsissihan ko po na iwan yung pamilya ko and pinagsisihan ko rin po ang pagsagot sa pamilya ko and all that family issues.

When it was Sandro's time to share, my stomach twisted and turned as he stood. It's like I wanna leave but I wanna hear him out.

"Hi, um, isang bagay lang po pinagsisihan ko. Ito yung pag bitaw ko sa babaeng pinakamahal ko. I mean, she's the one, but I let her go and I'm so stupid for that. Kaya yun, pagbalik niya, na-iba na siya. Ang hirap na niyang balikan. Pero I'll try my best and give my all. Yun lang," he sat back on his spot and looked at me with a warm sad smile on his face.