"I know this is the first time that you are stepping foot in the Leaf Village, but that doesn't mean you can act irresponsibly." Hiroshi's voice turned slightly more serious. "The villagers are starting to get used to the clan bringing you kids here every year, but it's still a relatively new process. So mind your manners! You're representing the Tsukishima Clan after all. Any questions?"

Haruto glanced around at his classmates, but it seemed like they weren't paying much attention to what Hiroshi said. The silver eyed jonin chuckled. "Okay, well we'll be going in then."

Hiroshi turned, and led them into the village that they would be dedicating their lives to.

The streets were crowded with people out doing running errands, and workers trying to direct customs into their stores. Restaurants were cooking up all different kinds of food with varying aromas, shinobi were distinctly dressed and walking the streets alongside civilians, and the feeling of the village was lively.

  It was slightly overwhelming. Haruto had left the compound only once before to travel with his mother. Now he was being jostled by strangers and ignored by adults who were focused only on themselves. There was a significant difference between the secluded compound and the vibrant village.

  But this was the extent of the experience for them. Hiroshi brought them off the main road, and they navigated the smaller, quieter streets of the village. Haruto guessed the clan head knew how overwhelming the sudden change was for them, and he was grateful for the brief exposure.

  A few minutes later, and Haruto could hear the sound of running water. Trees rose up behind the few buildings, and the blond began trying to figure out where they were. Junko had the class memorize several maps of the village, and based on his surroundings, Haruto guessed that they were approaching one of the more isolated training grounds.

Hiroshi led them through the trees, and a clearing quickly came into view. Haruto was surprised to find that there was already a gathering of people. He noticed an old man standing in front of the others, and the man was garbed in the Hokage's typical attire. The other people in the area were all children around Haruto's age, but the blond had no idea why they were there. He only recognized the markings on one boy's face as part of the Inuzuka Clan, and another boy with the distinct eyes that belong to the Hyuuga Clan.

"Hello, my name is Hiruzen Sarutobi," the Hokage introduced himself, stepping forward to address them, "but I'm sure most of you know me as the Third Hokage. I'm excited to see what the Tsukishima clan has to offer as the next generation of shinobi." He directed that comment to Hiroshi before returning his focus to the kids from the said clan. "You're all here for your test, and these are the young boys and girls who have volunteered to help."

Hiroshi nodded, and continued to explain—the two must have planned it out. "The village allowed any child with prior knowledge of taijutsu to volunteer. We'll pair you up for one-on-one fights, and depending on the result and display of skill, you might be able to enter the Academy. You will follow the same sparring rules as you always do, and you have a time limit of ten minutes."

A small conversation started up between Haruto's classmates, but the Hokage raised his hand and silence instantly blanketed the training ground. The two leaders then proceeded to split up the kids, and Haruto saw the Hyuuga boy paired up with Asuka while the Inuzuka went up against Hotaru. Haruto found himself facing a boy with dark hair and dark eyes, but the expression on his face was anything but. The boy had a grin on his face, and his eye sparkled with excitement.