Back to pavilion

Depuis le début

"Yes, but... he had a message." I blink in surprise and ask for the message.

"The Black Water's alpha sent a message which said 'The war is coming.'" Axel says cautiously and my whole body stiffens. How dare Daren threaten the biggest pack in the world like this! He wants a fight, then I'll show him one.

"Bring the dead wolf to the pack house. I know what to do." I bark and Axel nods.

I near the pack house almost in the later afternoon to stop abruptly as I hear the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. The sound of laughter. The sound of Arabella's laughter. My head snaps in the direction as I follow my ears to back of the house where we were training this morning. Why is she there? Is she with Liam again? If he is the one with her I swear I will kill him.

My murderous thoughts come to an abrupt halt as I watch the most unexpected scene unfold in front of me. Arabella is on the ground, twirling and laughing as two kids tickle her. Tyler and Mariah. How did they come here?

I watch Arabella as she clutches her sides giggling and laughing while the duo tickle her relentlessly. Her beautiful brown locks thrash around randomly as she struggles to breathe. I've never seen her so carefree before. So happy and so much at ease. I wish she was like this all the time.

I suddenly remember the day when I was young and how my...mother use to tickle me in the same way. But she left. For someone else. She broke the vows she gave my dad and she betrayed her own mate. She ran. And I hate her. What if Arabella leaves too? My subconscious nudges at me and my blood boils! No she won't ever leave. I won't let her.

"Xalvador?" I snap out of my thoughts as Arabella calls out, now sitting on the ground. Tyler and Mariah's eyes widen as they look at me and I soften my gaze.

"Alpha." They say nodding politely and I nod back. Mariah grabs Tyler's hand protectively and I marvel at how much of a big sister she is. She looks after Tyler just like a mother would look after her son. Mother. Son.

I blink my thoughts away as Bella stands and the kids leave.

"How did they get here?" I ask, my voice colder than I want it to be. Arabella flinches a bit but then composes her demeanor. Like always.

"I am sorry I got them here without asking but the house they live in would have almost fallen. I went to pay them a visit and couldn't bare their condition. I persuaded them and the old lady a lot. And she finally agreed. Can-can they stay here?" She asks, the last part coming out as a whisper.

"Yes, I'll have a room arranged." I say curtly and walk away. My action takes us both by surprise. But right now, I'm in a bad mood. And at such times, its very hard for me to keep my wolf Adrian at bay. The more close I stay to her, the more it will want to take her and ravish her as mine. I will do that soon but that day is not today. Tomorrow. I promise myself.

I focus my attention on the matter at hand. The wolf lays dead in the basement as Beta Axel and Liam wait for my instructions.

"Pierce through his skin and fur. I want you to inscribe the words 'You are dead' on its body. Use silver and make it look as gruesome as you can. Then dispose the body near its pack land, making sure it will be noticed. I want their Alpha to get the message clearly. Also, cut of its tail." I order and the duo leave with the dead wolf's body. I hear a gasp and my neck turns to find Arabella standing near the bottom of the staircase. How the hell did she get in here?

"Xalvador you can't do that!" She says, her face a mask of pain and disgust.

"What do you mean?" I ask coldly though I know exactly what she is referring to.