18 || Catching Up

Your POV:

With wide smiles adorning their faces, they made their way over to your rickety bed. Chuck bounced in behind them looking bright-eyed and happy. You grinned back. It was good to see them again.

Newt reached you first and positioned himself to your left whilst hugging you tightly from the side. Minho came next, flopping dramatically onto your legs as he made himself comfortable on the opposite end of bed. Chuck continued babbling excitedly and Thomas stood awkwardly to the side, looking unsure of whether or not he belonged here.

You gestured to the other chair in the corner of the dingy room and, taking this as an invitation to the join the group, he pulled it up to your right.

"How've you shanks been?" You asked when they were all settled.

"You nearly die and you ask us how we've been?" Minho chuckled.

"Well, obviously it was such a struggle for you to survive without me for so long. How did you bare it?" You joked lightly, grinning all the while.

"I honestly don't know!" Minho laughed along with you, poking your arm.

You shoved him off while the other began to laugh as well.

"Where's Gally?" You frowned.

"He really hates Thomas here. Blames him for it all. You know Gally. Can't be in the same room without goin' off at him," Minho answered.

In an attempt to hide your disappointment, you rolled your eyes and shook your head slightly. You could talk to him later.

"So, a new Greenie. Another girl. Got any idea what that's about?"

The four of them shook their heads.

"Did Jeff tell you about the note?" Newt said.

Frowning, you gave a shake of the head. "She woke up and said everything is going to change or something?"

"Yep, but then I noticed she had a piece of paper. It said 'She's the last one. Ever.' Got everyone really freaked out."

"What the shuck does it all mean?" You groaned, "First the Griever, now this."

Everyone looked just as confused as you were. Everything was changing, the unconscious girl was right about that.

"The bloody Box ain't gone down since then either. Gally's been in foul mood, blaming Tommy. The girl's not wakin' up," Newt continued, "We've called a meeting, tryin' to work out what to do since Tommy here broke the rules. Got some people, especially a certain builder, real angry."

"That's ridiculous!" You said incredulously, "He saved Alby's life and gave Minho the idea for the dive thing."

Thomas blushed but remained silent.

"We know that," Minho said, "But some people think that the rules are the rules. No exceptions. The meeting should settle things out."

"I bet I can guess who started that," You muttered under your breath. You felt a flush of anger at Gally. Thomas hasn't done anything wrong.

"You better make sure I'm there for the meeting. I'm going to give these shanks a piece of my mind!" You said determined.

"Hear, hear!" Chuck cried and you began to laugh, slapping the young boy's shoulder.

"You're still healing," Newt argued, "We'll make sure nothing bad happens"

You huffed but didn't argue. Somehow, you didn't think you'd be able to make it to the Homestead. The pain in your abdomen was now a dull throb. Bearable when you were lying down, but you were not sure it would do much good to try and stand.

"Where's Fry got to? I'm bloody starving here!" You complained. Chuck jumped up and volunteered to go and find out. Before anyone could answer, he rushed off to find out.

~~~

For the next few hours, you ate, laughed and talked with your friends. Frypan had dropped by to see how you were, as had Zart, Winston and a few others. But still no Gally.

Clint had told you that he couldn't find him. You needed to talk to him before the meeting. Maybe, just maybe, you could change his mind.

One thing was certain. If any one could, it was you.

~~~

Thank you all so, so much! I hit 1k!

Hope you enjoyed!

Please vote, comment and follow.

Thanks,
~Hellz-Yeah