Wolf Moon (1)

Scott McCall was doing his new bedtime ritual. It consisted of him, threading his lacrosse stick and making sure it was strong enough and doing pull-ups and sit-ups. The placement practice for the lacrosse team was on the first day of school and he was determined to make first line this year. While doing his push-ups Scott stopped when he heard a strange sound coming from outside the house. He knew that his mother was at the hospital on a night shift, which left him alone. At first he thought he was imagining things and continued his workout, only to stop when he heard the noise continue. So he did want any normal person would do. He went outside to check it out.

Once Scott armed himself with his baseball bat he went outside and stood on the porch. He didn't see or hear anything suspicious and chalked it up to him being nervous about the placement tomorrow. Maybe it was just my imagination, he thought, but as soon as he was about to turn around a body suddenly fell in front of him hanging upside down. It resulted not only him, but also the other person screaming at each other and almost being scared half to death. It took a second for both persons to realize they knew each other.

"Stiles! What the hell are you doing?" Scott questioned the girl. He was still holding onto his bat while still trying to catch his breath.

"You weren't answering your phone!" She told him, as if that's the reason why she was hanging upside down. She noticed the bat in Scott's hand. "Why do you have a bat?"

Scott put down the bat. "I thought you were a predator." He explained to her. Stiles couldn't help, but laugh at her friend. "Yes, laugh at your best friend, who could've almost killed you." He said sarcastically.

Once Stiles was done with her laughing fit, she explained her reasoning. "Look, I know it's late, but you're going to want to hear this. My Dad left 20 minutes ago because dispatch called. Not just him, but every officer in the state!" She said with excitement in her eyes.

"What for?"

"Two joggers found a dead body in the woods." She told him before flipping onto the ground landing on her feet. Scott looks over at her.

"A dead body?"

"No a body of water...yes dumbass a dead body." She responded, while climbing over the railing of the porch.

"Like a murder?"

"No one knows. Except that she's girl about 20 years old." Scott gives her a questioning look.

"If they found the body, then what are they looking for?" Stiles begins to have a smile form on her face.

"That's the best part...They only found half." Scott noticed that the smile changed into a mischievous one.

It wasn't long before they reached the Beacon Hills Preserve. Stiles jumped out her jeep and grabbed her flashlight, while Scott walked slowly behind. He really didn't want to be here and he made that known, "Are we seriously doing this?"

Stiles and Scott have done a lot of stupid things in their childhood, but nothing was as extreme as to looking for a dead body.

"Oh, come on. You always bitch about how nothing ever happens in this town. If I didn't know any better I'd say you're the girl." Stiles said to him. They both were treading deeper into woods and trying not to fall and hurt themselves. Scott ignored his friend's remark.

"But I wanted to get a goodnight's sleep before the placement practice." Scott explained.

"Because it takes a lot of effort to be a benchwarmer."

"No, I'm going to play this year." Scott countered confidently, "I've been practicing and training."

In the darkness, he could hear Stiles laughing, "Everyone is allowed to dream. Even if it is unrealistic and pathetic."