15

Hello to anyone still reading this c:

Chapter 15 

~

~

~

~

~

~

You'll never realize how fast your brain can actually work, until you're thrown into what I call "split second decisions," such as the one I am in as we speak.

Do I run or hide, and just avoid this situation altogether. Been there, done that...twice.

It's time I start sticking up for myself. I refuse to cower away.

When Roman burst into the room he shot me an annoyed cursory glance, before focusing his attention on the wounded animal on the floor.

I stood there holding back laughter, my arms crossed in defiance. My body language reading, "Come at me, I dare you."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He said, his voice strained and tired. 

"You know, that's a pretty good question, but I don't feel like answering because you aren't worth my breath."

I shot him a bittersweet smile then stepped over them and proceeded to descened the staircase.

He was watching me with a look I couldn't read. Halfway between hatred and shock.

"Go to hell, Roman."

+

+

+

As I walked along the beach, I couldn't help but think of what a mess I've made these past few weeks. I've pretty much lost all my friends, made a few enemies, and crushed a few hearts. I've never wanted summer to be over so badly. Just 3 more weeks Sara. 3 more weeks, and our residence time was up. We'd all go back to wherever we came from to finish up our final year of highschool. I'd have to make new friends back home, and I'd probably never see Roman or any of the other boys again. Even Ben, who had been my "loyal" companion for some time would probably be going back to New York, cutting off the same connection we had lost those many years ago. 

I sat down on the cool sand, and began to flung pebbles into the darkening sea. Each pebble representing a part of me that had detached itself and found its way sinking into an endless abyss.

I spent a while just sitting, and staring, as if waiting for the pebbles to return to my grasp. The sky descended from a beautiful sunset into a star filled sky, the stars so big and bright I feel as if I could grab them with my pointer and thumb.

"Sara?" I turned towards the familar voice and locked eyes with Noah. He looked the same. It felt like the last time we spoke was years ago.

"Hey!" I said, scrambling to my feet to give him an unethusiastic hug.

"You stopped answering my texts and calls a while ago," He said, with a frown on his face.

I meekly shrugged and shot him an apologetic smile. What was I supposed to say? Well tbh I stopped answering you because in reality I was never that into you but I felt bad because you started calling me your girlfriend. And after a while you became a real pain in the ass because the entire time I had my eyes on someone who I actually hate at the moment, but yea... Oh and I know you've been dicking around...

Noah nodded as though he could read my mind. "So what's been going on lately?" 

"Nothing much," I lied. My eyes averted to the right and I prayed he wouldn't notice.