6

Hai guys! This chapter will most likely answer all your questions :) Need I say more?

Comment. Vote. Become a fan.

Banner ------> 

++

I stretched myself awake, yawning like my cat Simmy does. I clicked my phone on to read the time 6:03 am. Hmm, I didn't know it was so early.

The thing about me is that the minute I'm awake, I stay awake. I happily rolled out of bed to freshen up. At least I would get more out of today. Particularly today. I was anxious and nervous, because today Roman's brother, Luke, was driving up here.

Still in my pyjamas, I crawled through the window and up the small, adjacent ladder to sit on my secret ledge. I sighed of bliss as my feet dangled, only 10 feet above the smoothe sand of the beach. 

I looked for any sign of life, but only saw a few life guards setting up their posts, and a person walking their dog in the distance.

The sun had already risen, and gleamed a pale yellow, as it shone from over the horizon.

I took my phone out my pocket and texted Noah. I knew he didn't leave for work until 8:00 am.

"Hey Noah, I want to apologize again for the altercation that occurred a few days ago with that ass Roman. I hope you're not too peeved about it..."

I hit sent and stared at the screen for a few minutes. He read the message at 6:11, but those 3 little dots never showed up, and I knew he wouldn't respond. Frustrated, I shoved my phone back into my pocket and made my way back to my room.

I'm sure no one was awake, so I took this rare opportunity to dash to the kitchen for a peaceful breakfast.

I grabbed an apple out the fruit basket and went to retrieve some orange juice when I stopped dead in my tracks. I wasn't alone.

I couldn't see him or her, but someone was holding the fridge door open, searching through it.

Fearing it would be Roman based on my luck, I decided to 360 out of there, and of course I banged my foot on the island, letting out a string of curse words.

The person shot up straight and slammed the fridge door closed.

I turned around to come face to face with...

Carmin. Ew.

She was wearing nothing but what I'm guessing was Roman's shirt, because it was far too big on her. Her lengthy brown hair was all tangled together, and I grimaced as I shoved by her to get to the fridge.

"Hi." she said, taking me by surprise. Her tone of voice was surprisingly warm.

"Morning." I said briefly, not bothering to turn around.

"Can we talk?" 

This time I shut the door and turned around to face her. She looked a bit sad, and was biting her lip.

"Um. Okay. What's up?"

I took a sip of my o.j and watched her expectedly. 

"Do you and Roman have something going on?" she blurted out. My eyes widened and the juice came spraying from my nose, making her wrinkle her nose in disgust.

I wiped my face and set the cup down. "Are you crazy?" I hissed "Of course not, he hates my guts. What gave you the inkling that something is going on between us?"