Chapter 13

Two days have past since the soldiers raided my house.

I can only imagine what my family is going through right now. Are they chained in the interrogation room, being punched, kicked, and abused?  Are they even alive at this point? Maybe the soldiers beat them up so hard that they are dead by now.

I guess I'll find out soon.

Two days ago, two hours, more or less, after my family got taken away, I bumped into someone on the street. There, he slipped in a piece of paper in my pocket and walked away. No one on the street noticed.

I waited until I got back to the shelter to read the note.

Meet me at the ten seconds place. 0000 hrs tonight. Don't do anything until then _ M

I had no idea what he was planning until I actually met up with him at the bank. He wore a mask over his face and used a mic to fake his voice. I guess he couldn't risk being spotted. But even with all that cover-ups, he only whispered to me.

"I'm gonna make them pay. I swear, I will," was the first thing I said to Metias. I couldn't see his face because of the mask and the darkness, but I can swear he grinned at my words.

"I'm sure you will. I'm going to help you." He spoke to me in a mere whisper, but there was a hell of determination in that voice.

"How?"

"Well, let's start off with the equipments you will need to penetrate into Batalla Hall. Then you'll need someone inside to help you get to your family, create a diversion, take care of the security cams and obviously, a safe escape route. And don't you think I'm just the person you need?"

I kept on a serious face, but it was only superficial. Inside, I was jumping and whooping and screaming and doing whatever else was necessary. "I guess you are."

"I thought so, too. Now, can I assume that you know how most weapons operate, and move on, so I don't waste my precious time explaining you the mechanics of these equipments?"

"Please do."

So we went on, making a plan all night long. We know exactly what to do. We even came up with Plan B and Plan C, in case nothing works out right. By 0500 hours, we were both exhausted, but excited about what was going to happen soon.

Hell, those bastards are gonna regret messing with me. I'll make sure of it.

When I came back, Tess was worried sick, but I told her everything - well not EVERYTHING, since there are some risky moves I'll need to make, and Tess would've freaked out if I'd told her.

--------------------

I didn't disguise my face. What's the point, when they already know who I am? I'm sure they won't really be surprised to see me in Batalla Hall, armed to teeth, trying to get my family out.

I want to show myself to them, send them a message. This is who I am, and I'm fighting against injustice and corruption.

But that being said, I am wearing the Commander's uniform, just because I can't risk getting tackled by a bunch of trained soldiers as soon as I walk into Batalla. The dust bomb will do enough to cover my face - I just need to deceive them for a few minutes.

I hold out the dust bomb in my hand, and with one swift motion, I throw it into the lobby of Batalla. It explodes with a loud thud, and the dust instantly covers the surroundings. With that, a few gunshots go off into the air, but I'm ready for this.

I take out the electronic bomb, and chuck it into the place where I threw the dust bomb. Three seconds later, it explodes. The impact of the explosion shakes the entire building and even the ground I'm standing on. I start my watch. The number flashes 05:59.