Her First Killings (E)

Start from the beginning

My mind went blank and I simply stare at her not believing a word she said, "You're lying, Witch."

She looks at me exasperated, "Of course I'm not lying to you child. I've seen a vision of his death."

I do not know what to say to her. I cannot think, I cannot move, I cannot scream I am simply in shock.

"His death is nearing. With in three months men are going to come to the castle and ask to use your son as a spy for the Saxons to gather information upon Arthur and his men. You are going to refuse but those men are going to abduct him in the night and have him spy." My eyes widen at this, "They are going to torture him but ultimately that is not going to kill him Arthur's knights will." I feel my eyes fill with hot tears, "His head is going to be chopped off and sent to you for being the mother of a traitor."

"No one is taking my son from me. No one, Witch." The tears that were falling down my face were tears of rage and hatred towards these unknown men and Arthur himself. If it weren't for him my husband would still be alive raising his son with me; my son would know his father.

She nodded her head gravely before speaking, "I knew you'd say that." She came closer to me and takes my hands

"Anora, you're going to have to do what I told you you're going to have to do as a little girl. Do you remember dear?"

Nodding my head at her I whispered, "Becoming a witch"

I came into my sons’ room and laid in bed with him, snuggling him closer to me. 

"Mama?" He sleepily whispered to me

"I'm here Braiden. Go back to sleep." I ran my hands up and down his arm

"I love you mama." He whispered and drifted back to sleep

"I love you too Braiden. I'll never let anyone hurt you." 

He snuggled closer to me as I looked out his window and watched the cloud move as I thought about all that I'm going to do to keep my son safe. 

"God, may you forgive my soul for the sins that I'm going to committee very soon." I whispered towards the window looking at the sky.

"My lady, there are men in the great hall here to see you." The maid told me with worry in her eyes

"Thank you, I'll be there in a moment." I stood from my knitting and walked towards the great hall.

Be calm Anora, this is what you've spent three months preparing for...

As I walked into the great hall the seven men that were loitering by the fire were, to be nice, filthy and rugged looking. They carried themselves with an air of danger and hatred. The seven men all smelled but it wasn't a terrible smell as I assumed they'd smell. More like smoked meat that went burnt and sweat.