❄TWENTY-FOUR❄

Start from the beginning

I was about to lie on the bed in the most heinous provocative position but was interrupted by the presence of a certain Uffilian. I whipped around and came chin to chin with Kalithseus. He had a pastel gold see-through robe cloaking his form. The clothing clung to him like a second skin from the wetness. The damned fiend couldn't be bothered to dry himself before wearing the robe.

Truly I felt like he wanted a reaction from me. He wanted to tempt me. If I didn't know any better I'd say my weakness was written plainly on my face. My weakness for beautiful creatures, seduction and flesh.

It had to be the Valyr in me for I was never like this when I was human.

I gasped, staggering back. He caught me by my waist then pulled me to his hard chest. My hands flew to his chest to push him away but he was unmoved by the force.

" And what has brought you to my sanctuary, mia Lubel?" he asked this while flashing a Cheshire cat grin that was almost blinding to the eyes.

" I …" I swallowed nervously averting my gaze from his hypnotising stare. " I was looking for Remerrik," I said with a forced smile.

His eyes squinted, dancing with amusement. The smirk that was etched on his face was unmistakable.

" We both know that that is a lie. Do you want me to drive the truth out of you?"

I shook my head furiously, my breathing quickening in anticipation.

I figured he was going to find out the motive behind my coming to his room or he already knew. Hiding the truth was not going to help me in the slightest. It would only make me hesitate in what needed to be done.

" Now, now, little one, I do not bite," he drawled, a chuckle slipping passed his lips.

" Your father has my son, " I finally uttered.

Telling the truth was almost like a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders. The relief was instantaneous.

" And you came here just to tell me that?" he cocked his head to the side.

My relief was short-lived after hearing his words. I nodded, backing away from him.

" Sadly, I don't believe that." He closed the distance between us but I backed away and my knees were bent by the bed I'd hardly noticed was behind me, causing me to fall on my bottom.

I cowered back in horror, the memories of Alexandrus flashing through my already tormented mind.

" I think you've come here for a more heady purpose. You've come here to seduce me into convincing father to let your son go. You've come here to submit to me. " His voice grew darker and husky with each syllabus he uttered.

My eyes widened in alarm. I was caught just like that. I wanted so badly to crawl under a rock and die. This was mortifying. I was ashamed to the core of my being.

Admitting what I'd came in his room for would further bruise my ego. I was already at my lowest by all accounts. I'd sooner die than give him the satisfaction of having an effect on me.

Within seconds he was hovering above me just studying my face. I tried to scoot back but he caught me by my waist. I turned my face to the side to ignore his searing gaze but he caught my chin between his thumb and index finger then turned my face so I was looking at him.

He leaned to me and hovered his face a breath away from mine. " I want you so badly. The need to have you is like a pulsing agonising sting to my loins. Every step you take, the sway of your hips as you walk, and even the sensual way you feed is like a trigger to the animalistic need to claim you." He closed his eyes as if he too was affected by his intense words. I was a trembling mess with a surge of heat travelling the length of my form like a pulsing electrical current.