❄TWENTY-FOUR❄

TWENTY-FOUR

Oh, how the mighty has fallen.

The thought only darkened my heart. There was no such thing as true pure happiness. I should know, I've been trying hard to find it all these years to no avail.

I halted in the doorway of Kalithseus's bed chamber contemplating if I should go through with what I planned to do. All I could think about was my son and nothing else. To hell with the consequences. It was not like I wasn't used to it. Submitting. There was no use painting myself to be a saint when I was far from it.

I would go to the deepest parts of Berheimia just to ensure that my family is safe. They were the reason I continued to live. The reason I continued to fight the endless battle of good versus evil. I only hoped my sacrifice would be fruitful.

I slowly opened the heavy door swallowing the lump in my throat. I stepped in without a moment's hesitation. I just wanted to get it over and done with. I could go through a million deaths so long as my son was safe and unscathed.

The room was silent save for the summer breeze that flooded the room from the opened windows. The drapings billowed vehemently like the waves of an ocean.

As I took in my surroundings I could only sigh in acceptance. I tried my hardest not to think of my past but funny thing is the horrible memories kept flooding in.

Valeric

Asgar

Alexandrus

When would it end?  I'd asked myself that question a thousand times while forced to my back, pinned down like an animal . But the answer was that it wouldn't. It was like I was meant to endure this emasculating pain over and over gain. And each time I was marked by its horrors.

They said I was pure of heart. My soul could never be tainted but I begged to differ. Each painful encounter further darkened my heart, made me cold to the world.

I was greatly relieved that Remi was not here. I couldn't bear the thought of doing this infront of him though he claimed he loved us both and didn't mind watching but I had a hard time believing that.

I thought it impossible but then, the heart wants what it wants. It was a frustrating notion to go by. And I cursed at the creature who came up with it.

I closed the door and scanned the room. The massive bed pushed back on the wall were the windows were open. It was covered with beautiful cream silken duvet with leafy patterns embroidered to it. A cluster of pillows were arranged in rows from the headboard. The four-poster bed was accented with nude drapings tied to the posts by ribbons. The bed posts had deities carved in ludicrously compromising positions.

By gods I thought I'd faint from looking at some of them. I turned away from the bed then continued my observations.

There was a sitting area with plush ornate sofas close to the fireplace that was on the wall facing the bed. On the far left of the room was an alcove donned with an windowseat with pillows scattered over it. On the walls within that alone were shelves with books arranged neatly along with decorative artifacts.

A scent so heavenly assaulted my nostrils. It was musky with undertones of sandalwood and old spice. I could hear the splash of water in the adjoining bathing chamber. My heart beat harshly against my ribcage, threatening to burst through.

I chuckled darkly as I gazed at the massive bed in Kalithseus' bed chambers. There was nothing worse than using your body to get something but I was not surprised, if anything, I had expected this would happen.