❄SEVEN❄

SEVEN

When final rays of the sun sunk from the horizon we made haste to the warlock, Erwin Monroe's house. Bryson pulled infront of a burgundy gothic house with purple window frames. It was neither grand nor small. And it looked like it could belong to some witch and not a warlock.

We walked onto the patio to a set of stairs then to the porch. Bryson held the ring of the door knocker and tapped it against the door. A moment later the door was opened. The man who came out to meet us was just perfection. Everything that made him was beautiful and ethereal.

He had platinum purple hair with gorgeous amber eyes. His features were soft and feminine but the predatory glint in his eyes betrayed his facade of innocence. He was clad in black. A typical colour of the dark warlocks. A jacket with a draping chest piece and buttons on the side. Black skinny leather pants that had multiple silver zippers on the sides and boots with a pointy tips, made his whole outfit.

I didn't miss the runes peeking from his jacket and I definitely didn't miss the hickies decorating his neck. He stared at us intensely, taking in all of us. His gaze narrowed a friction when it fell on Osydian, lips pulling in a sinister smirk.

" What can I do for you on this fine day?" he asked playfully.

" How about you let us in, Erwin, " said Vartan, frowning at the warlock.

" If it is a reading you want you've come the wrong day. But if you do come another day I promise I can aid you in whatever it is that you want. "

And just when I thought I wouldn't meet any crazy people. This warlock was a gifted deceiver and quite a performer. It was quite obvious that he knew why we were there. I didn't understand his incessant need to stall and play daft with us. Getting tired of standing there like a fool I decided to speak.

" We know you are part of the Albarion brotherhood and you know very well why we are here. Let us in. We have much to talk about, warlock."

" Is that an order, light bringer?" he asked, smiling in amusement.

I rolled my eyes. This was quite pointless. We were better off not troubling ourselves with this warlock. He was much to loyal to his master. All he would do is to toy with us like pieces on a chessboard.

" Come in, come in, lovelies," he motioned for us to come in, looking frighteningly excited all of a sudden. This was not going to turn good. I wanted to say no but my body moved on its own accord. I gritted my teeth, praying that we make it out of this house alive.

The deceivingly young warlock led us in the lounge, swaying his hips in an exaggerated manner before plopping himself on a armchair. The lounge was furnished with burgundy and pink coaches topped with black and ruby throw pillows. A black crystal chandelier hand from the ceiling with branched carvings. The entirety of the left wall was covered with black bookcase filled with grimoirs and adornments consisting of crystal skull, ritual chalices and voodoo dolls.

All in all it was quite unsettling being in his lounge. And the deranged warlock picked up on our discomfort, looking overly pleased with himself.

He stared at me with interest then his stare shifted to the gate keeper.

" You've been snooping around haven't you?" he asked with a sultry tone that could only belong to a master predator.

She frowned at him, trying to read him. When her eyes narrowed in irritation I could tell she couldn't read a thing. Erwin was no armature warlock. He was ancient and quite gifted. A witch like Osydian was no match for him.

" Where can we find Remerrik Asib?" she asked, ignoring his question.

" Ugh, Remi, " he moans unabashedly. " His quite a fine piece of meat, don't you think?" he directs the question at me, his eyes flickering to mine looking ever wicked and seductive at the same time. I felt like charging at him and tearing his throat out but that would just please him and that was the last thing I wanted to do.