❄TWO❄

TWO

Pic of Cezar's mansion

Cezar Barcimort finally graced us with his presence. I had been quite mad the moment I arrived here but that was thirty minutes ago, now I was just very pissed. This was insolence in its highest form. I've never known such disrespect from a none royal before. This Valyr was just begging to be dealt with accordingly. He brought new meaning to disrespect.

" Ah, your highness," he grinned, plopping on the empty sofa. " It is quite an honour to have you in my humble abode. Welcome, indeed. "

I glared at him with a burning passion. It took every ounce of my self control not to strike him where he sat. He had a gull, that was for sure but he was foolish. I was not one to be played with. I didn't enjoy being disrespected in any way.

" Cezar," I muttered through clenched teeth.

" Merinda, please offer the king and his friend some refreshments," he ordered the lass who stood behind his sofa. Before she could carry out what she was told to do I halted her. " There's no need." She looked hesitantly at her master who just shrugged. He gestured for her to sit beside him and she did in a heartbeat.

A slave, that was all she was. He was still in the old ways. It was quite a malevolent way of life. One that I didn't envy in the slightest. My heart ached for the lass who shuddered at her Master's side. She was quite young. She was human, worst of all. She wouldn't survive long in this opulent dwelling. She reeked of death. It was just a matter of time.

I really hoped Agleace would answer her internal prayer. Death would be a blissful mercy for the lass. Maybe the god of death would offer her a second chance. And maybe then she'd learn not to venture far from home.

" What can I do you for, your highness?" he asked in mock respect. He's mockery made me bristle in anger. I just wanted to tear his throat out. The very sound of his voice made my head flood with gruesome images of his dead body.

" Where can I find Kalithseus, the Uffilian?"

He face fell at my question. His eyes looked anywhere but me. He swallowed nervously then tried to laugh it off as though my question was amusing to his ears.

" Why do you ask me that, your highness or better yet how would I know?"

I stood abruptly towering over him. He cowered away with unease. " Do not take me for a fool, Cezar. I know you are under his protection. Where is he?" I yelled in frustration. " Tell me now!"

" I can't tell you. You've come to the wrong place for answers, my lord. If I tell you I won't just loose my life. My worst nightmares would come to life. I cannot risk that, " he said tensely.

" I don't believe you. If you valued your pathetic existence you would tell me of Kalithseus whereabouts. I had hoped you'd take the easy way out but now you've given me no choice, " I murmured sadly.

Just as I was about to take out my dagger out a high pitched giggle reverberated through the hallway. I looked to the entrance and my heart constricted at the child that came running into the lounge.

He looked to be five years of age. The sight of his round face, flushed cheeks and innocent eyes had me conflicted. I couldn't very well kill his father right in front of him. Yes I was a killer but I was not cold hearted. I couldn't taint his innocence. I didn't want to be the reason behind his nightmares.

" Niko, you aren't supposed to be in here, " reprimanded his father in disapproval.

" Momma told me that we had special guests. She told me a king was here. I really wanted to meet the king, " he said with a toothy grin drawn on his face.