❄FOURTEEN❄

FOURTEEN

Pic of Osydian's outfit for this chapter

As expected there was a flurry of movement in the club. I immediately felt under dressed the moment I set for in the club. It was a celebration tonight and everyone was dressed impeccably. I glanced around looking for the familiar golden hair that belonged to none other than Dante but he was nowhere near sight. With all the hats and masquerade masks cloaking every face it was damn near impossible to spot him. Sniffing him out was just out of the question.

I sighed in frustration and strutted to the bar. When the bartender saw he poured my drink in a glass then placed it before me. I threw him a grateful smile then proceeded to gulp down my drink. Then suddenly I felt a presence behind me and hands gripping at my waist. Warm breath tickled the back of my neck and a hard chest was pressed firmly to my back.

I finished off my drink and span to face the stranger who dared to touch me. Dante was smirking at me, eyes alight with mischief. He wore a cat mask complete with ears and whiskers that covered half his face, black pants with multiple zippers and a leather jacket. His eyes had  vertical slits in between instead of the normal pupils.

" Dante, " I said in acknowledgement. " I trust you have grievous news to tell me?"

" Oh, yes, " he nodded, a frown slipping on his face. " I heard that a Valyr was attacked at a park and I had a feeling he was one of the council."

" And who told you this information you claim to know?" I took a gulp from my drink, savouring the decadent taste that flooded my mouth.

" I heard from a crow, who heard from an owl that he was cornered in a park. They both think one of the  Albarion warlocks attacked him."

I rose a brow skeptically." Are your animal sources reliable?"

He chuckled at that. " No, I can assure you they are not animals. They are shapeshifters like me. "

" What more can you tell me?"

" There's word on the streets about a dark witch who is tasked with opening the portal to Ultera, the kingdom of Uffilians. She's like a twisted version of a gate keeper, " he explained giddily.

" And where can I find the dark witch? "

" Somewhere in Drukane," he replied with a haughty smile." Now for that information what do I get as reward?" he ran a finger over my jacket clad torso.

I quirked a brow at him, musing over his  not so innocent question. " You tell me. What does Dante Castertine want from the king of Valyrs?"

" Oh, I need a lot of things from the king of Valyrs. It's my fear of getting beheaded that grounds me up from taking advantage of the king's kindness," he murmured leaning closer to me. His face was a mere inches away from mine. His warm breath fanned against my face. He closed the gap between us, brushing his lips hungrily on my neck. I placed my hands on his hips eliciting a shudder from him.

" A well deserved thank you kiss will suffice for now. Who knows? I might find out more information about the Uffilians and I may be handsomely rewarded for my services, " he murmured huskily to my ear.

I found myself tugging him away from the cluster of intoxicated nokuratus. I checked if there was anyone in the rest rooms and was satisfied with the emptiness. I locked the door and I did all that with Dante's smoldering gaze at me. I turned his way then prowled to where he stood. He bit his lower lip, cheeks flushing a beautiful pink.

" I guess this is your lucky night, " I said, reaching for his belt and pulling him flush against me. " I don't make a habit of kissing guys in restrooms but I'll make an exception with you."