❄EIGHTEEN❄

EIGHTEEN

Pic of Naroi. I had to change him. From now on Sean O'Pry will be Naroi Ravira

We came to the end of the forest, stepping out to the trimmed grass. A couple of yards away were fields of flowers, fruits and vegetables. The sweet fragrance of nature wafted to were we stood carried on by the soft caress of the wind.

Upon a set of rolling hills were palaces. Each palace as grand and opulent as the next. There was one palace in particular that was larger and more beautiful than the others that was surrounded by others.

The palaces were were adorned with arches, marbled and gold sculptures. Some even towered over the palaces. Elaborate fountains and cherry blossoms made the palaces seem less intimidated and foreboding.

At the base of the hills were mansions and smaller white stone houses and market places. Smoke swirled out from chimneys into the air. Exotic music could be heard all the way to were we stood. Merry conversations and joyous laughter could be heard with the aid of our heightened hearing.

We sneaked our way through the the fields making sure we were not spotted by the nokuratus tending to the plantations.

We arrived at the gates that marked the entrance to tye kingdom. The curved towering gates encrusted with rubies and lapis lazuli were guarded by four guards holding menacing Spears.

Two guards pointed their spears at us, glaring at us. " What business do you have here?" asked one of the guards gruffly.

" Lord Kalithseus is expecting us, " I answered with a confidence that spoke volumes of my title as king.

I could tell they didn't believe me. I was wearing my usual royal regalia. Why would they? They reluctantly opened the gates for us.

One of the guards decided to take to the Lord Kalithseus himself. He had his spear pointed at our backs to pierce us if we to ensure our immediate deaths if we ever weren't who we were.

As we walked along the paved streets all eyes were on us. All gazes curious and speckled with uncertainty.

I must say I was astonished by their choice of clothing. Men wore loincloths with sashes holding them in place and beaded necklaces and bangles. The women on the hand had variety of articles of clothing on. While some wore beaded, sheer or embroidered frocks that hugged their bodies others wore heavily decorated loincloths tops. Their footwear mainly consisted of strap sandals, some more straps than the others and some adorned with precious stones.

Their skin tones were enticingly dark and smooth looking with not a blemish near sight on most of the nokuratus. But I did manage to spot scars on some men. One women in particular had claw marks running from the left side of her face down to her right shoulder. The claw marks dangerously neared her right bosom. She was with the men at the armory section of the market place hammering viciously at cooling sword which still burned a bright red.

Once she saw me staring at her her face contorted in a sneer that made me avert my eyes to the hills.

Along the hills were a flight of stairs that led up to the bigger palace among the six palaces. The other palaces were connected to the grandest palace by bridges with arches. Truly, the architecture was impeccable. Nothing I've ever seen in my centuries of living.

As we reached the top we took a bridge to the palace closest to to the grandest.

Handmaidens promptly led us to the throne room upon our arrival and the guard took that moment to leave us. Ofcourse the handmaidens were not those one could easily overcome. With weapons strapped on the belts on their frocks they could stand their own in fight.