❄TWENTY -ONE❄

TWENTY-ONE

Pic of Remerrik Asib

Groggily I woke up feeling like I had just bathed in the fountain of Vesca. It was known to make you experience your most intimate fantasies courtesy of Deity Vesalisca. The deity of love and pleasure in the Moggadorian pantheon.

I could partly recall what had happened during most of the tocanta but the rest was all but a blur. It was a bit unusual to say the least but I wasn't complaining.

I sat up straight rubbing at my eyes. I was surprisingly well rested despite the heavy fog clouding my memories of last night. Many would just shrug it off and go one with their lives but I couldn't especially knowing I had been among Uffilians. Uffilians who had the most wicked of abilities. Who knew what they could have done to me while I was unaware?

A hoarse moan startled me out of my dazed state. I was honestly shocked and angry to see a lump of a body snuggled close to me. I pinched myself hard thinking I was dreaming but it turned out I was not when the sleeping figure stirred, his eyes flattering open.

By gods this had to be a dream, a torturously beautiful dream. The being invading my personal space couldn't be my Remerrik.

I swallowed the lump in my throat my gaze trailing every inch of Remerrik's lookalike.

His eyes opened at last. They were like pools of melted gold. The fire that blazed through those eyes was mesmerizing and deliciously enticing. His raven hair was disheveled and his face, Havens, he was an embodiment of Agleace.

He smiled once he saw me. It was a tight lipped smile but it made my insides squirm in delight.

" Moro, mia vheni," he murmured lovingly. His eyes were gleaming with love and contentment. I was pretty certain that all that could be seen flashing through my eyes was bewilderment and a flare of disbelief.

" Re...Remi, " I stuttered, staring wide-eyed at him.

He raised his arm then laid it on my right cheek. His warmth radiated into my skin. He was warm and safe and he was where I belonged. My soulmate.

After several seconds of ogling him I finally got over the shock of seeing him. "Where have you been all these time? I've been asking for you and pleading to see you to no avail," I said in distress, cupping the hand on my face.

He smiled, a sweet smile that tugged at my heartstrings. And no matter how angry I was that I wasn't allowed to see him the past days I just couldn't stay mad at him. He was the reason I smiled and the reason I felt loved whenever I was. We could be worlds apart and I'd still feel the love he had for me. We were tethered to each other like rope weaved by Desmora herself. Our souls were eternally entertwined.

" I was afraid, " he admitted, averting his gaze away from mine.

I placed my beneath his chin turning his face my way so that he was looking at me. " What were you afraid of, mia avhi ? "

" Of your reaction once you saw the state I am in. You'd spit at me in disgust and I just couldn't bear that."

" What in the gods are you talking about?" I asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

" The reason why I've been afraid..." he pushed the silken sheets away uncovering himself and what I saw had me scrambling out of bed like it was set on fire.

I pointed at him mouth agape. He got of the bed as well looking slightly pained. " Yes, this is the reason why," he said somberly.

Maybe I was dreaming afterall. Surely what I was seeing had to be the product of my nightmares. My Remi couldn't be in this state. No he couldn't.