The Red Woman

Everyone has been wondering who the Red Woman is, we all know she's Mai and Jason's mother, but what people don't know is how she became The Red Woman. This takes place after Jason and Mai left their home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~12 years ago~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slowly the flames died down, bodies as far as the eye could see. No one was there to see what happened, the only thing that could be seen was a man being ripped away from his home. But one person did see what happened and she was not happy about it. No one could see this woman, so they didn't know that she would be the death of them. If people could see her they would know who she is just by the hole through her chest, her long purple hair, and sea blue eyes. The woman looked around with sorrow on her face, her family had been taken away from her along with her own life. She'll never be there when her kids grow up and won't be able to hold them, welcome them home, nothing because it was gone.

She let out a scream, but no sound was heard. Her arms and legs full of cuts, and her once white dress now stained red. As her screaming got louder the more things around her flew in different directions, the men that where still there had no idea what was going on and had no time to get away. The blond guy went down after a spear ripped threw his head, the man with red and black locks fell to his knees scared for his life, but quickly joined his friend as a sword ripped right threw his chest. And the last guy, well he died at the hands of an angel that was still alive. All three of the men saw the same thing before they slipped away forever, they all saw The Red Woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For years The Red Woman walked around looking for her family, first she found Jason. He had just left for college, she smiled at that, happy that he was alive and well. After that she found Mai, but wasn't to happy to find out that her friend had hurt Mai in drunken rage. And finally she found Mike trapped in a cell hidden far way. She stood in the corner sadly looking at Mike, giving a sigh she turned to leave "Amy?" Mike asked, looking right at her. She looked back at him "Y-You can see me?" She asked. Mike nodded giving her a weak smile "How are the kids?" He asked. Amy explained what she saw before she found him and what happened after he was taken "Listen to me, Ash is the one behind all of this, he is going to kill Mai if we don't do something." Mike said. Amy looked at the ground "What do you need me to do?" She asked.

Mike explained what Amy had to do before she left 'If I have to die again to save my family so be it' She thought as she disappeared, and now we find ourselves back with Mai and her friends. Ethan looked at Jason along with Jasper "How are you not ready to kill him yet?" Ethan whispered looked through the crack in Mai's bedroom door. Let's back up a bit, Lucy noticed that Mai and Sky haven't shown up to dinner yet so the boys went to find them. When they showed up at Mai's room they found both Sky and Mai asleep. Sky held Mai close to him as they both slept. Mai had cried herself to sleep and Sky didn't want to wake her or leave her alone, eventually Sky fell asleep too. And that's how Jasper, Ethan and Jason found them, Jason gave a small smile "I know he won't do anything to hurt Mai, besides I can't stop her from growing up." He said closing the door. Jasper and Ethan stood dumbfounded watching Jason as he went back to dinner "I never thought he would say something like that." Ethan said "Yeah me either." Jasper said as they went back to dinner.

"So where are they?" Lucy asked as Jason sat down next to her "Asleep" He said "Yeah and he doesn't even want to kill Sky." Jasper said "Why would he?" Rachel asked "Cuz Sky fell asleep holding Mai." Ethan said. Lucy started squealing going on about how cute that is. Rachel rolled her eyes at her sister, "Jason" A voice echoed no one moved. A shadow moved from the corner into the light, Jason started to tear up "M-Mom?" He said voice cracking a little, Amy smiled at her son "Yes, I'm sorry for everything that has happened but I need you to listen to me." She said. Jason stared wide eyed at his mother "Please tell me this is some joke?! I can't let you do that!" He yelled getting up from his seat "I'm sorry but it's the only way to keep you guy's safe." Amy said "No way! I don't want to lose you again! What about Mai? How do you think she would feel about this?!" Jason said clutching his fist. Amy patted Jason on the head "Sorry but it's the only way, your father will be here as soon as he can but until then DON'T let Mai go anywhere unless one of you is with her." Amy said, Jason nodded "Alright. Thanks for telling us, mom." He said keeping his head down.

Once Amy disappeared, Jason broke down. Tears ran down his face like a waterfall, Lucy hugged him rubbing his back, hoping to calm him down. Rachel, Jasper and Ethan left them alone, he needed his space. "That guy needs to let other's help him." Ethan mumbled "I've known both Mai and Jason for as long as I can remember. Both of them never really needed a reason to ask for help and even when they did they stayed strong so they wouldn't be a burden to everyone around them." Rachel said "Yeah I mean they did watch their family get killed in front of them and then get kicked out of their home, so I understand why they only rely on each other but they're not alone anymore." Jasper said. Ethan nodded "They have us now, we can help them." He said Rachel sighed "You don't get it, not at all. The only reason they don't push me and Lucy away is because we where there when it happened. We know how dangerous it is. They don't come to you guys because you're only human, you could die really fast in battle and they don't want to lose anyone else to those demon's." She explained, Ethan scoffed stepping in front of them "Well that's to bad because we aren't leaving no matter what they have to say." He said "Yeah" Jasper said standing next to Ethan. Rachel sighed shaking her head "So stubborn." She said walking past them "Just don't get yourselves killed" She whispered.

Both Amy and Mike smiled as they watched the group of kids "They have such good friends" Amy said resting her head on Mike's shoulder he nodded "I'm glad their both alright, Although I'm not so sure I like how close Sky is getting to Mai." Mike said mumbling the last part. Amy laughed "She's growing up, Mike. We have to let her find her own path to follow and hope it's the right choice." She said "I know, but she's my baby girl." Mike whined "And she always will be, but you just have to let her go." Amy said standing up "Please Mike, be careful getting out of here. I don't want to lose you."Amy said, Mike smiled at his wife "I don't plan on dying just yet." He said. His eyes narrowed "Go, he's coming" He said looking at the door Amy nodded and left without a word. Ash slammed to door open "What did you do?!" He screamed "I don't know what your taking about. I've been stuck in this cell for 12 years." Mike said, Ash grabbed the front of his shirt "YOU! I should have killed you when I had the chance! You are a worthless no good demon!" He spat throwing Mike to the ground. Ash repeatedly kicked Mike "WORTHLESS! ALL OF YOU ARE WORTHLESS! YOU ARE NO USE TO ME ANYMORE! I SHOULD HAVE LEFT YOU FOR DEAD JUST LIKE YOUR WIFE!" Ash screamed and screamed taking his anger out on Mike. Soon the room was quiet the only thing that could be heard was Ash panting "You will never see them again. You hear, NEVER!" Ash said before slamming the door on his way out. Mike started coughing until he heard the clinking of metal hitting the stone floor, shadows covered his face and a wicked grin came to his face "That's where you're wrong. It's you who will never see your family or anyone ever again." Mike whispered. Taking the key in his hands he moved it around until he heard the lock click and the cuffs fall off, next he did the ones on his legs and stood up stretching "Oh dear boy, you haven't changed one bit." He said making his way to the small bar window. With a flick on his wrist the window grew bigger and the bars disappeared, the cold night air welcomed the Demon King back into the world "Now to find my kids." he said and disappeared into the shadows of the night, leaving a very angry demon boy behind for the time being.