•1•

Calvin cried out as he received a kick to the stomach and was sent stumbling backwards into a wall, his body sliding limply down it until he was on the floor. Among the many guys in the group, the main challenger - though he may not look it - was silently watching it all go down as he orchestrated every move with a cold, but amused glint in his eyes. When they had left him with enough bruises and scrapes for one day, the men filed out of the bathroom, except the one who casted his gaze on Calvin for a few seconds more before following suit.

He wasn't even sure how this had happened. He had only been at this school for a week now and somehow all it had taken to get the shit beat out of him was a snide remark which included the word 'cuck'. It had only been half serious, just a joke about a guy who was in a polyamorous relationship. Of course, it had to end in this sort of situation.

Calvin slowly peeled himself off of the floor, grabbing onto a nearby sink for support before looking in the mirror above said sink. There was a large bruise just above his cheekbone and the color almost matched the exhaustion that laced his eyes. He glanced over at the clock that was on the wall next to the entrance.

There was still 15 minutes of lunch left.

He quickly limped out of the bathroom and to the back exit. He got the most visits from the group at lunch and he had found some alternatives to get him through the rest of the day without having to deal with the pain of moving, or at least most of it.

He settled in his usual spot, away from the authoritative eyes of teachers and the prying eyes of other students. Well, there was Pyro who was a distance away from him and already lighting up. Calvin checked his pockets, hoping that he had at least one joint on hand and sighed in relief when he felt one. He quickly lit it, taking a drag almost instantly. He had made more than one enemy this week. He had also managed to piss off a guy by saying something about him looking like a gnome. Calvin would have to watch his back, the amount of enemies he made in a week was uncanny.

The cannabis was beginning to take the edge off of the pain, transforming it into a dull throb and how Calvin hoped that it would stay that way for the rest of the day.

He could just go to the nurse, but then they would begin asking questions and as far as he knew, that would only make things worse.

"Hey, Calvin!" Calvin was snapped out of his thoughts as Pyro made his way over to him.

"There's this party tonight and some blue haired girl told me to pass it on along with the address. It sounds pretty cool, you should go." Pyro said, obviously high as he handed a sliver of paper to the smaller man.

Calvin considered it for a moment before replying. "I'll think about it. Thanks, man."

Pyro nodded before stubbing out the remainder of his joint before carefully dropping it into a small plastic bag.

Just as the taller man began to walk away, he turned around to look at Calvin. "Are you alright, man? You look like shit."

"Yeah, I'm fine." The lunch bell rang and Pyro entered the school once again, leaving Calvin to dispose of his weed and go back into the building. This time, without a limp.

He wasn't much for parties, but if it kept him away from his house, he was all for it. He had taken worse beatings than he had today, but if he was to go home as usual, it could get much worse.

He needed to kill time, enough time so that when he returned home his parents were asleep either in their bed, on the couch, on the floor, or on random furniture.