Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

Without warning, the female attacked the male, canine teeth slid out of their lair, claws digging their way out from underneath her nail beds. The full force of her body propelling up and meeting his knocked the pair down, the sickening smack of his head colliding with the stone beneath drove her animalistic side to act out further, the alluring scent of metallic blood triggered her lust for death.

Iron jaws snapping at the struggling male beneath her, latching onto his throat, ripping out a small portion of it. Thick, stringy blood erupted from the wound, coating her face in the near black liquid while dousing the male in it. The male, finally having his claws come out, dug them into her waist, effectively throwing her off of him. But she was a female driven with grief and bloodlust, their was nothing in the entire universe that would keep her from taking her prey down. With him in her sights and being locked in, Olympe charged again, too fast for the male to recuperate from her sneaky ways. With her hands digging into every place possible, seemingly looking for a hold, yet just wanting to end the male for the simple fact that she blamed him and he was in her way. Her claws went through him like butter too fast for him to defend himself, she was drive solely by her own grief and revenge, a sorrowful female lashing out on an unsuspecting male.

Although Amarrex failed in detangling her from himself, he manage to land several good punches. His will to fight and to protect himself was strong, but her will to avenge was even stronger.

"Olympe," his hoarse voice pleaded with the female to stop, but it went straight over her head. One look in her eyes, and he knew. With one look he knew that she was gone and never coming back. She was know a danger to society, uncontrollable and unpredictable.

And then it all ended. The thoughts. The desperation. The breathing. The life. The male was gone. With the simple maneuvering of Lym's hand between his ribs and under his chest cavity, she yanked his heart out.

Taking a life was a remarkable thing, to see the light drain out of them, to see the struggle stop, to actually feel the warmth start to leave their body. A memorable thing to accomplish, but to some it was not a proud thing to do, but for Olympe, it was nothing. She felt no remorse, no regret. It was simply just another life lost under her hand, long ago she stopped caring about who died and who lived under her reign of terror. It was quite easy to survive her temper tantrums, simply don't stumble across her path and all will be spared.

Leaning back from her straddling position on the male, she toyed with the wet, bloody organ in her hand, tossing up and catching it over and over. The glazed over look in the male's eye reflected her magnesium orbs, she was too far gone too care any longer. Sighing lowly, she groaned as she got to her feet, letting the heart roll out of her palm. The sickening thunk it made as it hit the ground made her grimly smirk.

Then she started to laugh.

The realization of being the last omega spun around her head like a broken record player. Her hands shook from the force of her trembling body, she was cold. So cold. So lonely. So. . . .forgotten. That was the moment she realize that the ache beneath her breast would never fade.

Leaning against the rough, stone walls, she tapped blunt, bloody fingers against the hard mineral, trying to absorb the warmth that it naturally gave off. But what she did not know, was that no matter what she did, she would never feel the warmth ever again. The sun would not prove it. Clothing would not. Not even her body. Harsh puffs of breaths tore through her nose, her heart was beating erratically. A raspy laugh slithered out of throat like honey. Shaking her head a bit, she walked out of the cave, not once looking back.

                                        §

The bustling town ignored her existence, too engrossed on its daily routine to notice the pale stranger humming a soft tune underneath her breath. With her parka hood drawn up tight, shades on, hands in her pocket, the female wolf picked her way across the icy village with confidence, her earlier madness seemingly had left her. But behind those her black shades angry, plotting eyes peered out at the world, daring someone to cross her.