Chapter 1

How the bad boy saved me

"Look Eliana, there's nothing I can do for you paying for a private teacher at home is way too much money, going to a public school is much easier." said Mum , "you do understand don't you Eliana?"

I rolled my eyes, my mum had gone over and over again about a thousand times telling me exactly why I had to start public school. "Yeah, I know mum." I told her.

I was going to start my first day of Hartsfield sixth form. I used be home schooled though after three years my mum didn't have the money to pay for the lessons. So I was going to start school again.

"Look Eliana we know this is a big change for you but there is nothing to be nervous about." Mum told me, yet again.

"Miss Vickers said that there will be someone waiting for you in the office to give you your schedule."

"Okay." I said. Knowing she would try and drag the conversation on, I quickly dismissed myself by picking up my bags and jumping out the car giving her a quick 'bye'

Just as I made my way to the entrance of the school, I swiftly fell on the ground due to the fact that someone had decided to put their leg out.

"Fuck!" I swore as I hit the ground, my hands breaking the fall.

Slowly getting up I turned to the person who was the culprit of tripping me over, only to notice that they were laughing. "Look I don't know who the you think you are, but you're meant to say sorry after tripping someone up" I said, and before I could take the words back I noticed who the person actually was; Josh Ryder.

The town's famous bad boy and player, I knew who he was even though I hadn't gone to the same school or well to any school.

Josh was smirking."Oh yeah and what are you gonna do to me."

"I-I don't know..."

"What is it Goodie, cat got your tongue." He spat.

"N-no it's just-

"It's just what?"

I don't know where it came from but I found the courage to speak to him. "It's just you put your stupid leg out while I was trying to get past, causing me to trip."

He laughed bitterly. "Really, why are you even here aren't home schooled or some shit?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "For a matter of fact I go to the sixth form here." I pushed past him and started to the waiting room outside the office, I turned my head to see if Josh was still staring at me and to my surprise he'd vanished.

"Hey El!" I could hear my best friend, Elena shouting to me. When I had quit school at fourteen, Elena had been my best friend although we didn't go to school with each other we still remained best friends and now I started school with her again.

"Hey Elena." I called back as she came into view.

"Why the hell is everyone talking about you and Josh Ryder?" She questioned. Trust her to know about something that happened about 10 seconds ago.

I went over the story quickly with her, and her mouth seemed to gape at every single word that came out of my mouth. When I finished telling her the whole story she took in a big breath of air. I bit my lip, "is it bad?"

"Well you only have to move to a different country for a few years." she joked. The bell went for fifth period but we didn't move.

I buried my face in my hands. "I shouldn't have said anything it's my first day of school and everyone will be talking about me."