Chapter Eleven

"...So can I interest you in a bit of lunch since you weren't impressed with the flat?

Marilyn fumbled with her shoulder length pony tail, twirling it calmly around her index finger pretending to think about the offer for grub. The truth was she was starving and the idea of sitting across Dain Lawson wasn't totally unbearable.

He had been rather pleasant if she could say so without gagging.

"Sure why not, where are you thinking of going?"

"Hey It's my town...let's say...I'll surprise you."

(She glanced at him shapely and quickly uttered bitterly without delay.)

"Let's say you don't, I don't like surprise.

"Whoa Kemosabe, you sure have a bitter bite to you, don't you? I figure if we're going to work together, we could at least try and get along."

She let out a rather caustic laugh and winked at him.

"Why Mr. Lawson aren't we doing that now? Your Tonto and I'm Kemosabe? Sure why don't I be your side kick for the whole afternoon!"

(He replied sounding a bit annoyed by her tone.)

"Doing what Mimi?"

"Getting along .....why I think we have a rather nice boss and employee relationship. You even offered your employee living accommodations... now how nice is that...Would you keep the key for late night entry?

He slammed on brakes and pulled the car roughly over to the side of the road.

Mimi clenched her purse seeing all six foot four inch of the man glaring at her in anger.

She slightly felt around the outside of her purse with her right hand until she touched the small bulge of sleek steel safely enclosed in it's case...

"If you think I offered you accommodations in order to bed you...Mimi your absolutely mistaken. I get pussy without all the commentary and me darling as mighty as you may think your Cooch is.... I don't need nor want it. So, Listen here Ms. Sutherland as precious as your old boss may have told you your pink pussy was? ......You can keep your dam paints on at this job okay?" Turning from bearing down on her he immediately pulled back on the road hastily as if nothing had just occurred between them.

" Now what do you want to eat? I'm hungry!"

She stared in disbelief letting go of the tight grip she had on the Prada purse. Mimi let his words sink in. ("I don't want yours.") her brow relaxed a little. That was fine with her he wasn't trying to get a piece of her action and actually she preferred it that way.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply you were umm...umm."

"Yes you may say it Mimi... your P-u-s-s-y? I am not after your pussy."

(Her voice rather irritated at the vulgar thought of the letters he spelled out)

"Yes I'm familiar with the word Dain. (Changing the subject) Why don't we try seafood, what's your city got on it?"

MGM Casino have wonderful seafood, why don't we stop in there for some grub.

" Casino!"

Her eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. All of a sudden she sounded quite different to him, somehow much nicer almost girlish like?

" Oh Dain I'd love to. I absolutely love to gamble! It's my favorite pass time and I've been so stressed that I'd almost forgot I read casino were here! That would be perfect!"