Chapter Part Two

"Let go of me! Let go of me!.......... No No Please go away or...or I'll....I'll."

She screamed but the shadows continued to grope and grab at her then the black finger paint pouring out like molasses. The screams, then the pain.

"Go away! Please go away!"

"Miss...  Excuse me Miss Lady?"

A young lady dressed in Amtrak attire rushed over to her. Uncomfortable by the screams, but mesmerized by her silent beauty, she leaned over careful not to touch her. "You're dreaming wake up honey, Its just a dream child!" She yelled softly over and over in her ear.

An old woman life had slowed down physically only, dragged towards them both and the screaming girl.

"That girl's in pain, boy! You have to lay hands on a person that suffers so, aint none of 

that  yellin gona the poor thang."

Reaching down with her skin of wisdom she shook the girl hard. Once then twice, the girl awoke shaking and sweating.

"Who are you?" (She mumbled, with one hand touching her forehead. She spoke as if she was out of breath and tired. Instead of just arriving from a sixteen hour trip of expected leisure.)

"You my child have demons chasing your soul. You must turn and fight back or they'll never leave."

She set up straight—now fully observant of her surroundings, hearing the train engine and the whistle blowing.

"You...you are a fucking old hag. Get your damn hands off me you old woman the only demon around here is you!"

The elderly woman stepped back with a small sense of amazement in her eyes. Then a sparkle ignited.

"I know who you are...your Evelyn Sumter's baby girl."

She laughed a laugh that if you hadn't seen her sweet elderly face, one would have thought wicked or evil. Marilyn grabbed her coat and rushed past the woman almost knocking her to the floor.

It seemed as though it happened within a flash—the train, the woman, and then the cab driver. The ethnic smell of curry fumed the vehicle as the cabby drove on in silence.

Looking out the window of the taxi, she observed the aged city of Savannah, Georgia until it turned to all green and went on for miles. Atlanta, Georgia was her real home and birth place, but she hadn't walked it's streets since she'd been sent to her aunts home at thirteen. The woman at the train depot had said her mother's name. How little she remembered of her sweet mother. Her smell, her voice so elegant and soothing. Aunt Annette instantly invaded her thoughts of her mother. She wished hard that she'd be there, not out of lose of contact, but she so wished to kill two birds with one stone.

"To see Silas and not have to catch another cab to see Annette would be shear pleasure."

There wasn't much she remembered of her early years. Thinking of it always gave her a migraine; which forced her to remember what she could of it once more. Her mind could see as far back as what she figured was ten months old. Scientist would have called her a liar, out of there knowledge that the mind couldn't retain memories earlier then one, maybe even two years of age. But it was true, she was her mother holding her in her arms, she could smell the rosemary and ginger on Evelyn's skin.

"Maybe it was just a dream it's so much I just can't remember"

(She whispered slowly as she continued to recall the past).Suddenly, she was older from ten months to many years.