Chapter Five

"But you got to Dain, She's really pretty and she's smart too. She said she doesn't know any one in the whole City and I promised I'd help her"

Her mothers gone to God like your mom and her father too!

"Jeffery look...we're not searching for a manager right now. You just can't go around helping people you don't.

Besides, I can manage this place on my own. We can't make money investing capital on things we don't need.

Jeffery gave his brother an angry glare letting him know he wasn't giving up that easy. Some things were hard for him to comprehend but he knew he had promised the Mimi woman, and he was determined not to break his oath. It was more important to him at this momoent then anything he thought.

"Jeffery Lawson doesn't lie Dain!" He yelled.

Dain gave his brother a destined glance letting him know he wasn't giving in as he sternly began to speak, "We don't need any more money Dain. I looked over the accounts. You know that's my favorite thing to do. We won't miss those funds if we paid an extra employee, If we didn't make one dollar in this place we're still set for life with all the money we got in the bank. I've got the books right here. I knew you would try and say no, so I worked out some scratch..."

(Shaking his head as he realized his brother actually had the family account books he scorned him.)

"Jeffery give me those dam books! I told you not to walk around with the family business it's suppose to be all in your head."

Ripping them from his arms Dain slammed them on the bar top.Jeffery stood starring at covers for a moment frowning.

Dain turned from him but could see he was upset from the mirror. Therapy had helped his brother over the years, maybe even to much.

Jeff squinted his eyes at Dain in huffy manner and loudly confessed he was going to quit if he didn't hire the Mimi girl.

After his decree to walk off the job, he stormed out of the lounge determined to recount the books in the Detroit Library once again.

Dain let out a well deserved exhausted breath as he looked over the application, his brother had shoved in his hand before he left.

It was pretty blank, the woman had held down one job her whole life it seemed. Glanced at the age he reasoned that the fact of one place of employment wasn't so bad.

Looking further he researched saw that the woman had graduated from Virginia State University on a Bussness Operation Degree.

"Must be another college graduate student unable to find a job. What's she doing in Detroit wondering around the city for a job? Coming in here talking to Jeffery like she's known him her whole life. Getting him behaving as he had over her. The address on the application read: Marriott at the Renaissance, 600 Renaissance Place Ste: 1904 Detroit Michigan 48035.

"Poor?...(He huffed thinking of how bad Jeff had said she needed the job) The Marriott sure isn't were you stay when your low on cash. What are you up to Little Ms. Sutherland?"

He'd spent his life devoted to his brother's Autism Disorder. Making sure he was safe from the streets. They had their small fights but never about a woman. She'd gotten to him and for the first time he could tell Jeff was sweet on a lady, and he intended on seeing just who this educated college grad, in search for a night position at his place of business was.