Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

The dusk cloth was always in her pocket. When ever she touched something. However before she touched anything she'd squeeze a bit of antibacterial hand sanitizer onto her palms.

The dayshift assistant Donna watched her from across the bar top. "Girl is your house that dam spotless? You always dusting and cleaning everything?"

"Yes, (letting out a nervous but genuine laugh) I suppose it's just a bit of a habit. I don't like to get my hands dirty."

(Donna rolled her eyes and shook her head)

"Well girl if you don't know it by now they clean. Let me just tell you your hands got to be squeaky clean by now."

Mimi tried to think of something to lighten up the conversation and remove any suspicion she arouse by her meticulous scrubbing.

"Yea well when I was a young girl, I had a very mean Aunt that would pop me with the back of a butter-knife if my hands were dirty so I guess it's become an obsession of mine.

"Donna let out a deep heavy laugh holding her stomach."

"Yea? Well If I were you, I'd call the bitch and tell her she thaught you well."

Donna was none the wiser of Mimi's plans however she figured she ease up a bit on the wiping away prints for now at least.

The first month at the Motor City Lounge Mimi had the wheels turning very quickly.

Everything was going well all except Dain Lawson.

He wasn't going to be as easy to get the safe combination from as Zigler had been.

Donna was going to be her back up plan. Jeffery could not be trusted to not repeat the fact she wanted the code or possibly his innocent questions could give her away.

Donna was easy to befriend. She seem to be a constant chatter box, knowing everything about everybody.

Although the only person Mimi needed to know more about, was Dain Lawson and his safe combination.Conversation about that seemed to be so easy for Donna to disclose.

Mimi started to feel her plan was in motion. If she didn't excuse herself from the girl to wait on a patron, Donna would talk to her all night.

"See Mimi , Dain is obsessed with checking that dam safe and how much he's got piled up before he makes a drop girl. He love counting his money, I never seen know body do that but drug boys you know? Dont get me wrong doe, He aint from the streets. He one of dem Ivy League brothers. I think it's because his dad told him this club wouldnt make any money! ...and he intend to prove Ole Man Lawson wrong. We done made a grip girl... since we opened, I think we done grossed dam near a million already!"

(Mimi accumulated the information Donna let leak from her lips.) With Jeff and Donna here Mimi was certain her plan would work, there was only one problem, and that was Dain.