Some Arguments Should Be Lost

Start from the beginning

Today suddenly, I miss my grandmother very much. I wish I had someone I could call family. Someone who would understand my struggle and my doubts right now and tell me that its going to be alright. I see a start twinkle brightly and I remember the days I slept cozily in the arms of the only family I had.

I miss you grandma.

Blinking back tears, I take deep breaths. 

"I see the Luna is displeased about something. Did your pack not treat you right?" I hear a voice, with a taunt lacing and instantly recognize it. Its been days since I last saw him or heard of him.

"Kane." I acknowledge as he stands beside me, in his usual bent stance. 

"You didn't answer my question Luna." He urges  and I sigh.

"I don't know why you dislike me, but I am not really up for a conversation right now. Please." I say, my voice clearly showing my tiredness.

"Oh I don't dislike you." He replies in what must be the most sincere voice I must have heard from him. I blink in surprise and look at him to find he is gazing forward, lost in thoughts.

"Good night Kane." I say after a silence falls between us and walk back to my room.

"Good night Miss Arabella." He whispers and once again I'm surprised, but a smile creeps up to my face.

I reach Xalvador's room to find him gazing out of   the window. 

"You're back." He says still turned towards the window. I don't reply and slip beneath the sheets. I close my eyes as tiredness takes over and in the distinct state, I realize him pulling me to his chest and kissing the back of my head.

I wake up next day to the bright sunlight on my face. I squint and sit up, realizing I am early than usual. I quickly shower, dress in a grey-blue long top with leggings beneath. I leave my damp hair open and hop to the ground and to the back of the house where I know Xalvador trains.

As expected, I find Xalvador working out there and I join him.

"Lets train." I announce from behind and he turns immediately. He looks surprised but regains his composure within a second and motions to go to him.

"Lets work on your attack. Right now in the human form and in the evening you will shift." He orders and I nod silently.

"Kick perfectly straight. As straight as you can manage." He instructs and I raise my legs, kicking in the front.

"Now go higher and hold it there."

I swing my leg back and push it higher, trying to balance on the other foot. Xalvador grasps my waist and the leg in the air and urges it higher. I ignore all the tingles on my skin put my hand on his shoulder for support as he stretches my leg to the maximum.

"Ouch." I squeak as he take my legs to the highest I can manage and he immediately drops the leg softly to the ground. "Now this is the point you have to swing your leg. Go!" He commands and gets in line with me, swinging his right leg in sync with mine. We do that for about fifteen minutes, with higher and higher levels and me putting in extra force with every kick. He then does the same with the left leg. 

He teaches me side kicks and I marvel every  time he demonstrates a move with ease and power. I am drenched in sweat and tired by the time I finish. I realize I haven't had breakfast as my stomach grumbles.

"You came without eating?!" Xalvador admonishes and I just ignore him.  I start walking away but he snatches me back by my arm.

"Don't ignore me Bella." He says in a low threatening voice and I wriggle my arm out of his grasp.

"I am not ignoring you, I literally trained for an hour right now with you." I say it as convincing as I can. He pulls me closer to him and my heart lurches. 

"I don't like this." He says, his hand caressing my cheeks. As I look back into his eyes, I feel something different. I see something different. His eyes aren't gleaming today. I sense sadness but then shrug it off. 

"Xalvador please. I am hungry. Let me go." I say and he stares blankly at my face a bit longer and the releases me. He walks away to the main door and I feel surprised. He never leaves me so easily. Well, I guess he is learning.

I reach the kitchen and the cook serves me a cheese sandwich. I smile thankfully at him and he smiles back. I quickly finish the sandwich and then roam aimlessly around the house. I spot Maisie in the hallways and I'm relieved to find her.

"Maise hie!" I say and she smiles back.

"Hey... Arabella." She says and I grin wider. She is finally calling me Arabella.

"Do you wanna go and try out your spells? I can practice my fire strength?" I ask excited and she nods immediately.  As we walk past the hallways, I find people more silent than before.

"Maisie why is everything so gloomy today?" I ask her as we walk to the lake.

"Alpha didn't tell you?" She asks and I shake my in head in negation.

"Arabella today is Alpha Xalvador's birthday," She says and pauses.

"So shouldn't everyone be happy?" I question confused and she shakes her head again.

"Many years from now, on this day, Alpha Xalvador's mother ran away. There was supposed to be a grand celebration for Alpha's 8th birthday but in the morning the Luna couldn't be found anywhere. It was later found out that she ran away for unknown reasons. But many claim that she loved someone else and which is why she ran. Alpha Xalvador's father loved her more than anything and her running away came as a huge blow. His health started deteriorating and soon he became weak. And one day... he didn't wake up."  She explains softly and I feel thousand knives stabbing me at once. 

Xalvador was so much in pain and I was being a jerk to him. Shit! I added to his misery. The mate bond clenches in pain and I close my eyes to control my feelings. My entire body feels like it's being hit continuously and I can think of nothing but comforting him. My mate. Fiana takes over and urges me to go to him. I loose the battle and agree to going to him.

"So basically this day just brings him sadness and bad memories." Maisie finishes and I nod slightly.

"Maisie, I must go and see Xalvador right now. Can I see you later? I am sorry." I say and she smiles.

"Of course Arabella, I understand." She says and I smile back. I start on my way back to the house.

Here I come Xalvador!

Yayy!! An update! This chapter is longer than the pervious ones. I hope you guys liked it. Please vote and comment if you did :-)