Whistling Mountain, Crystal Cove

Meanwhile, in the United States, in a valley town known as Crystal Cove, a boy was sitting by a new sign for the little train station that served for daily commute in and out of the town. He was only 15yrs old, standing at 5ft tall, with brown hair and brown eyes, gentle fair skin, and wearing a blue shirt and pants. This was Patch, a friend of the Crystal Cove Railway. He, and the station dog, Mutt, were relaxing in the warm light of the day, after their long day of painting the station sign.

A few minutes later, a steam train pulled into the station, but it wasn't like a Sodor engine. It was a regular steam locomotive, but was named 'Crystal', because the driver respected the engine like it was alive. The driver, named Billy, a man in his 40's but has over 20 years of railway experience, walked up to Patch, as a white horse stood by a nearby fence. "Fine work, Patch." He complimented the boy's paintwork for the sign.

"Thanks." Patch replied, then looked down at a sheet of paper on the table. "Hey, Billy. Take a look at this." Patch shows a map of the Crystal Cove Valley Railroad, and nearby the marked track that goes through the hills and mountains, not far from the main highway, was a faded grey line, which seemed to be well hidden. "I've been looking at this map, and I see these odd looking lines. They look like railroad tracks, but I don't see them at all, except for the ones you travel on."

"That's the thing, Patch." Billy said, then looked over to the hills. "It's what makes this land so..."

"Magical?" Patch finished, and Billy nodded to him, while pointing to him as a 'yes'. "Well, I'm off to Whistling Mountain. I told Mr. Martin that I'll be helping him clean out his workshop today." Patch prepares to leave on the horse.

Whistling Mountain is a tall mountain located not far from the cove, and it actually echoes the whistles of the steam engines that come through the valley and cove, making the mountains sound like they're 'whistling'.

"Does, Jackson Martin ever, give you a smile?" Billy asked, curious about the man.

"No, but I'm sure he's okay." Patch mounts his horse, and prepares to leave the station. "I don't think he's a bad man. I think he's just, sad for some reason." With that said, Patch heads off for Whistling Mountain, one of the tallest mountains North.

Meanwhile, up in Whistling Mountain, there is a workshop carved into the mountain

Meanwhile, up in Whistling Mountain, there is a workshop carved into the mountain. Inside was a man, who treated this cavern like it was something that meant the entire world to him. He stood 6ft tall, in his 60's, with fair slightly wrinkled skin, orange hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a black shirt under a brown leather jacket, blue jeans, and cowboy boots. This was Jackson Martin.

He had found this old cavern, and had configured it into a special workshop, and always stayed in this cavern for most of his life, even up to when his wife Tiana sadly died due to cancer. But, he never let her legacy die down, as he had something to help remind him of her forever.

It sat in a section of shed. It had purple flanged wheels, with golden traction rods and silver piston rods. On the front, it had golden headlamps, and a golden whistle was on top of a purple body.

As Jackson looked at the object, he suddenly heard footsteps coming up

As Jackson looked at the object, he suddenly heard footsteps coming up. He knows that someone had now entered the cave. He turned around, and saw it was Patch at the doorway.

"How did you find this place?" Jacket asked.

"I found this workshop awhile ago, sir." Patch replied. "I won't tell anyone ever."

"See that switch on the wall?" Jackson pointed the torch light over to a switch on the wall. "Put in on." He told Patch.

Patch flipped the switch, and the lights inside turned on, revealing what's in the corner of the workshop. There, sitting on some tracks, was a steam engine. It's painted in purple with gold. A golden dome sat on its boiler, as the funnel was enlarged, and on the tanks was the word Lady in gold. The cab had no back, and the little engine had four wheels.

"I guessed there was something mysterious about this Mountain

"I guessed there was something mysterious about this Mountain." Patch said to Jackson.

"Yes. All mountains have their own special secrets, Patch. Shouldn't surprise a kid like you, but it be surprising to see something like this." Jackson said as Patch stared at the engine, and walked around the other side of it.

"Can I help, Mr Martin?" Patch asked.

"Sure." Jackson hands Patch a rag nearby. "You can help me dust her off. This engine's name is Lady."

"Why is she locked up?" Patch asked in curiously.

"She isn't. She's safe from harm." Jackson then began to tell Patch about Lady's story. "Long ago, I made a terrible mistake as Lady's caretaker. An evil diesel found Lady, and threatened to destroy her. He chased her, and I used up all of her coal. I made her go too fast, and the diesel crashed her. After that, I brought Lady here in Whistling Mountain, and put her back together as best I can, but I haven't been able to... to bring her to life. To make her steam again. Patch, she's as precious as pure gold." Burnett places a hand on Lady's boiler, and runs his hand along it, feeling the coldness inside.

Jackson hoped one day, in all his life, he'll be able to get Lady working again, and relive what he loved most...